Weird poop behavior

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Hello, my bearded dragon always acts a little differently when she needs to poop. Like the day before or day of. She has a bit less of an appetite. She still gets excited for crickets. But, she doesn’t want her greens. She never really is too excited for her greens though. But, she normally eats them. Sometimes she will also black beard, but not all the time. This has happened many times. Is it ok she does this? Does it mean something bad? She’s been having diarrhea. I’m trying to fix it. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with that.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hello, my bearded dragon always acts a little differently when she needs to poop. Like the day before or day of. She has a bit less of an appetite. She still gets excited for crickets. But, she doesn’t want her greens. She never really is too excited for her greens though. But, she normally eats them. Sometimes she will also black beard, but not all the time. This has happened many times. Is it ok she does this? Does it mean something bad? She’s been having diarrhea. I’m trying to fix it. I’m not sure if it has anything to do with that.
What is the diet? I would switch her off the crickets and get dubia roaches--- how smelly is the poop ? Like real bad enough to make you want to leave the room?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
What is the diet? I would switch her off the crickets and get dubia roaches--- how smelly is the poop ? Like real bad enough to make you want to leave the room?
Her diet is mustard greens, and crickets. Sometimes I give her a flower food topper and some other greens. She used to have carrot purée and butternut squash purée. But, I’ve been trying to stop that to help the diarrhea. The poop hasn’t smelt bad. It smells normal and sometimes like nothing. She has gone every 4 days. But, yesterday she didn’t go. So now I don’t know when she’ll go again. She got tested for parasites around late November. And it came back negative. But, I’m not sure if that means anything for these poops. They used to start unformed become more frequent. Then become formed. Then, when there was a few days in between poops, it was unformed again. Now there is always a break in the poop. So, they have always been unformed. I was going to wait a couple more poops. Then, take it to the vet if it still didn’t get better.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Her diet is mustard greens, and crickets. Sometimes I give her a flower food topper and some other greens. She used to have carrot purée and butternut squash purée. But, I’ve been trying to stop that to help the diarrhea. The poop hasn’t smelt bad. It smells normal and sometimes like nothing. She has gone every 4 days. But, yesterday she didn’t go. So now I don’t know when she’ll go again. She got tested for parasites around late November. And it came back negative. But, I’m not sure if that means anything for these poops. They used to start unformed become more frequent. Then become formed. Then, when there was a few days in between poops, it was unformed again. Now there is always a break in the poop. So, they have always been unformed. I was going to wait a couple more poops. Then, take it to the vet if it still didn’t get better.
Have you tried some raw shredded sweet potato?

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
Have you tried some raw shredded sweet potato?
I did a little while ago and she didn’t want to eat it. But, I can try again when she is more willing to eat her greens. Today, she is a being picky with them so it is hard to get her to eat new things. But, I can keep offering it to her. Also, thank you for your help!

Toadleagend

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cole
I did a little while ago and she didn’t want to eat it. But, I can try again when she is more willing to eat her greens. Today, she is a being picky with them so it is hard to get her to eat new things. But, I can keep offering it to her. Also, thank you for your help!
I believe her flower food topper is high in fiber. I recently have been giving her that. So, hopefully that can help firm up her poops.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom