Alright to have reptisun shooting through cage screen cover?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sj45

I've seen a lot of cages w/o screen covers and assume it would be better not to have one as more uvb rays probably shoot through better w/o them. What do you think?

Thanks, Scott

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
I've read that it's better to have it inside the viv, that a cover will cut UV rays by 50%. I'm not an expert but I do remember reading that somewhere here on the site. It's more effective inside rather than on top of a screen.

Sj45

Original Poster
hmm, I just don't see how I'm going to fix my strip light to be inside the cage :/

shimmeriing

Hatchling Member
I had planed to somehow hang it in..like use a metal hanger..cut pieces off..curve the ends..and hang it. does that make sense? maybe someone else on the board could give you a good idea. That's in my new tank..I have yet to set up..

Sj45

Original Poster
shimmeriing":67586 said:
I had planed to somehow hang it in..like use a metal hanger..cut pieces off..curve the ends..and hang it. does that make sense? maybe someone else on the board could give you a good idea. That's in my new tank..I have yet to set up..

It might work if the strip light had hooks on the top...maybe someone can give me a picture, I'm planning on using a 75g tank, thanks.

Embee

Gray-bearded Member
Many opt to put it inside which I'm sure allows for optimum UVB exposure, however many do use a fixture atop the screen and have healthy and growing beardies. Just make sure that beardie can get to within 6-8 inches of the bulb. :D

The best,
Em

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom