Allison and Ramoth:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well some of you know the story of The Dragon Princesses and their trip to live in a new castle in Tn when they were very young. I have returned to continue their story, (if my computer will let me) :lol:

Once Ramoth woke up they have had a very busy spring and the summer is off to a great start! Both seem to have stopped growing, or eating for that matter. I am going tomorrow to pick up some dragon candy, waxies and PW's (if I can find them near) Hope that perks up the old appitite. I know adults eat less and they ARE both over 1 yr now....still a slave worries. How are they to keep their nice plump princess tummies if they don't stuff themselves silly? :mrgreen:
OK I' going to try for some picts here cross your fingers.
The Princesses arrival day:
IMGP0518.jpg

That is Katherine's hand! :shock:
IMGP0519.jpg

Early fun on the Bonsai:
IMGP0746.jpg

Ramoth Before Christmas:
IMGP0939.jpg

Allison before Christmas:
IMGP0952.jpg

This is Jan or Feb:
IMGP1271.jpg

As you can see they have grown a LOT!
I'll post more recent picts as soon as I get PB to co-operate. :lol:
Later,
Sandy H

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Katherine took some cute shots of Allison (Allie) today and PB was playing nice. Soooo, without further ado, Heeeeerrrrrees Alllie! :mrgreen:

I'll take the thin crust with squash and crickets, please.
PICT0111.jpg

Or is she calling Tatsu?

MVP Dragon
PICT0110.jpg

I'm a Girl Scout Too!
PICT0109.jpg

A three hour tour, a three hour tour
PICT0108.jpg

A princess and her dragon (princess)
PICT0103.jpg

Hope ya'll enjoy!
Sandy H :mrgreen:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
protiemama":187ier5j said:
Something new for Katherine's fan club.

RAMOTH

My lizard is cute
Much bigger than a newt
She's skikey and fun
Always on the run
She's small and lean
Named after a queen
She sleeps all winter
And never gets thinner
All summer she pounces
Anything that bounces
Ramoth's my friend
Untill the end!
:blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:
By Katherine
aka Sandy's DD :mrgreen:

Katherine, this is great! I could never (even now) do one this good.

Sandy, the pics you just showed are wonderful! I sure have missed those great pics you always post.

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
What a great poem Kathrine, thank-you for sharing, keep up the good work.

Sandy, I just loved the pics and captions, the pizza ordering and Gilligan's Island caption were the best and made me laugh, I needed that, after today, thanks.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Katherine - You are so creative! I loved your new poem!

Sandy/Katherine - Those new pics were priceless! The first pic is my favorite, so believable too :mrgreen:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Katherine took the picts too. :D She and Daniel have always had a great eye for pictures. I'll let Daniel do the next batch. :shock:

It's kinda hard to get interesting shots os brumating dragons. :( Guess I could post shots of the dogs, cats or chickens.
Should have taken one of that possun that was in the hen house. Gave him a different kind of shot. Didn't even feel guilty either. He ate the kids little pullets! :angry5: I hate possums. Things look like over grown rats, and not the cute kind either. eeeewww!

Hey, Did ya'll hear about the guy in Fl arrested for importing Dubia?! :shock: What was he thinking. As if Fl needs more roaches! :lol: I am surprised they are leagle anywhere on the Gulf coast. Of course another way to look at it- what's another roach among friends? :? :roll: Who would notice the difference?
Which leads me to.... If I were to catch a wild roach (eeewww :puke: ) and raise them, could I feed the resulting bugs to my dragons? Can't believe I just asked that.

OK, I am officially TOO tired. G'night folks,
Sandy H :sleepy2:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
'Night Sandi, sleep tight & try to keep warm. We're in a more temperate zone up here in Vancouver, BC, more like Seattle weather, cool to cold but rain for months on end. Well, living in a rain forest area, it's to be expected. But it sure does beat snow. We come to a standstill out here if it snows more than 4" & you guys got 6", that's a real drag. I hope it starts warming up for you all, even though you're coping.

I just loved the pictures, especially the first one (can't you just see that happening :mrgreen: ). Katherine, you have a great eye for photos & your poem was delightful, very descriptive and well written. You have a big talent :D :D And Allison looks so good in all those pics, pretty colours and she was really enjoying all the attention, I can tell :D

Sending you warm weather wishes,
Deb

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
WooHoo! :blob8: :blob5: Today it should top 57! :mrgreen: We are doing yard work. I may give allie some porch time. When it is that warm the porch is delightful. :D
Think I'll Wake Ramoth up too. We will have to dis assemble her viv's interior to get har. She has snuggled down behind her wall so far we can't reach her. Ramoth takes her brumation seriously! :laughing6:

Katherine is blushing at all the praise. I hope it gets her writing again. Thanx folks.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Katherine I love :love5: the pic's and captions. :love5:
Great job again girlie! :wink:

Sandy I imagine that if you were to breed out from wild caught you could be safe :| after a generation or 2, but the question is what kind of roach? What's it's nutritional value? Are they really something you want to feed your girls?
We are lucky where we live now as we've never seen a roach other than the ones we were growing. However in town they have overtaken it...nasty bugs I wouldn't even consider feeding or breeding from them for my babies. Why I believe there's a difference in roaches I don't know, but I feel there are nasty dirty roaches and there are clean roaches. *** I know I've lost my marbles, right? *** :lol:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Yes, dear friend, you HAVE lost your marbles, but that is a totally different issue! :laughing6:
I feel a roach is a roach, is a roach. The only good roach is a dead one! :puke: That said- I may get some starter "Dubia beetles" :roll: for the girls. DH can't object to beetles now can he? :mrgreen:

Both girls were up yesterday. I had to dis-assemble Ramoth's viv to dig her out. She really enjoyed her bath and played with the kids. She hid twice in Katherine's room. :D
I tucked her into a special dragon cave Made from a tissue box. She slept there last night. She is awake but not out today. So we are making progress. :lol:

Allie enjoyed her bath too but just wanted to bask for a bit and then crawled into her cave and went to sleep. :( She is awake this morning but refuses to get out. :?

Of course if the wx keeps up this nice I think they will be up and about soon. It feels like Ramoth has been sleeping forever.
The girl scouts have a celabration in Feb. where all the troops get a different country to showcase. This year my troop got- AUSTRAILIA!! :blob8: :blob5: Guess who is going to be in our display. :mrgreen: We will have the most popular table there. Now if I could just figure out what to bring as a food. Any hints? And no not Supers. It's to feed the GIRLS (human type) Not the dragons. :laughing6:

Tatty

Juvie Member
Hi Sandy:

This is Tatty aka. Janice from Canton, Illinois. I have to try to get on this thread more often.

We got 18.5 inches of snow here in Canton, and the temps are below zero. I am still taking classes and should graduate with a M.A. degree in GIS (Geography) this coming december. I am still working full time. I am recovering from stomach flu and have to have an EMG and Nerve Conduction Studies done today at 12:40 p.m. for nerve problems in my left hand.

Bad news....I lost my darling little man Cooper. He was about nine years old. Such a gentle and loveable beardie who has now crossed over the rainbow bridge. I miss his cute face.

I did however, adopt, sunflower, another loveable beardie. It seems like when I lose one angel, somehow another one pops into my life. The temps are below zero hear and my guys are brumating. I will be glad when things get better. I simply have to get some pictures of my crew posted.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Janice, I'm sorry about Cooper. I know how much it hurts. The good thing is that you now have another one to love, and who craves your love. I realized that, tho it hurts to loose them, if you didn't loose them, you wouldn't have gotten the new ones that you love.

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Janice- so very sorry to hear about Cooper. :cry: I know what he meant to you. Hope your new dragon can ease the loss a bit and work her way into your heart the way Cooper did.
Bummer about the health problems. I have a couple of cronic conditions and it is no pic-nic. Hope you get better real soon. We have missed having you around. Sounds like school is keeping you busy, good for you!! :D Wish I could go back myself. No time, no money. :lol: If you do start posting picts again, let me know where to find them.

falcor33

Juvie Member
bah! crazy cuteness!!!! :love5: i love the phone pic! she looks like she's really enjoying her time out of her cage, and her boat tour! a very happy dragon! :blob5:

protiemama

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Ramoth had a delightful adventure on the 22 of Feb. She got to go to a major Girl Scout function. Each troop got to do a different country, ours was...Australia!! :blob8: :blob5:
I woke her up in the afternoon and gave her a nice long bath. She wouldn't poop but that was no surprise- she has been sleeping for months! :shock: She rode on my shoulder the whole way there ( a 30 min trip) looking out the window. She loves the car! By the time we arrived she had put on her prettiest golden colors. :mrgreen: The girls unloaded the rest of the display and I tucked Ramoth under my jacket to keep her warm. There were 137 girls in attendance. I think everyone petted her and several held her. She LOVED it! What a ham! :lol: I didn't have time to take any picts, but a friend got a couple. She hasn't sent them to me yet. :banghead: I'll post them when I can.
We also had a real Aborigony made didgerydoo AND a real boomerang!! I cut boomerangs out of foamcore for the kids to decorate, guess what was prominate on each one.... That's right, a drawing of Ramoth! :lol:
When I was starting to clean up she got really restless so I put her on her stuffie while I gathered our display. I turned around and she had left a VERY large "gift" on the table! :puke: I didn't know her insides were that BIG! Where did it come from? She hasn't eaten in months. :shock: And she certainly hasn't lost any weight. I am so glad she didn't do that in front of anyone, ugh. Anyway picts to come as soon as I get them.

Tatty

Juvie Member
Wow Sandy: That sounds great!! I am glad the dragon princess was such a hit. I also adopted back another one of my beardies. Her name was Toji and the family I gave her to grew bored with her. She is beautiful and a little orange sweetheart. I named her "Sunflower".

Janice E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brikev9799
Top Bottom