Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistyck

Extreme Poster
Not really, unless you know the hatch date for sure.

Where and when did you buy them? That can give you a guess of an age.

catUK

Gray-bearded Member
it varies but on average i'd say about 17-18 inches. After 12 months or so they may not grow in length anymore but will continue to put on weight

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
It depends on how well they were taken care of as babies and their genetics, among other things. My two are both around 16 inches. Goldie is 16 inches and Rosie is 16 and 1/8 inches. They are both over 2 years old.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
both of mine are onld 14 inches. my female is over a year old, Im not sure about the male but he looks younger.

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
I agree that it depends in large part to their genetics and the quality of care. My oldest girl is about 2 but she is only 15 inches. I just got her as a rehome from this site. My 8 month old girls are 17 inches and 16 inches, and will get bigger. My 4 month old is about 13-14 inches already and will be huge.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
well I'm taking great care of them, but I can usually only get them fruits/veggies. I really hope they grow more. I just got them in the last 4 months seperate from KSL.com, and the previous owners didn't take good care of either. Rambo was as light as a feather and 14 inches, and Lizzy was in the thinnest sand I'v ever seen and it was blue and it died her blue too. It got all dusty and floated away when it got shook. she's still blue!

DragonsNDoodles

Juvie Member
You really need to get them feeder insects if you're worried about their weight and growth. Fruits are a rare treat because of the sugar, and veggies just don't have enough protein for bearded dragons to grow.

quigleysmom

Juvie Member
You can mail order any feeder you can think of to directly to your home. Also, my guy is 9 1/2 months old and he is 18 1/4 inches.

jstouts

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll be able to get limitless grasshoppers in the summer, and some other bugs too. so will 10-15 grasshoppers a day get them to grow more?

Peso

jstouts":20i5o18k said:
is there a way to tell how old a bearded dragon is?

Mine is only about 5-6 inches right now. Based on the sizes of most of the comments on here, I'm assuming that mine is pretty young - would a couple of months old be reasonable to say?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom