Adventures with Doodles....New Pics of the Crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doodles went for a romp around the living room today, I snapped a few pictures while Lydia wasn't trying to get in my way. Such spoiled & silly babies....

hangin' out on the couch
SAM_6493.jpg

SAM_6505.jpg

she's such a chunky little thing
SAM_6507.jpg

SAM_6521.jpg

making a break for it!
SAM_6524.jpg

"haha, you can't catch me!"
SAM_6530.jpg

lydia came by to say hi to doodles
SAM_6534.jpg

"hmmm....i wonder if i can reach that doorknob..."
SAM_6542.jpg

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
She is very cute, thanks for posting all the great pics of her too. Kepp them coming and I hope you get your light soon.

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ziggydoodles":fcxwdvv4 said:
So, I ordered a new reptisun tube & a new probe thermometer for Doodles, and they were supposed to arrive tomorrow, but they've been delayed in Memphis due to the storms, I think...I'm really bummed about it though, I was excited for her new light. And now I have no idea when they're supposed to get here, my FedEx tracking page hasn't been updated in 3 days.

Miracles! Miracles, I tell you! I was just resigning myself to the fact that I would have to wait over the weekend for Doodles' new light, but this morning when I checked the tracking page they were out for delivery! I don't know how FedEx went 3 days without updating my page (trying to make me have a panic attack, no doubt). Even better news, according to my page the package was delivered to my apartment 20 minutes ago! I'm at work now so I'm hoping that my boyfriend was awake to get the box inside, I can't wait to set up her new tube when I get home! I think I'll also have to go ahead & move her tank from it's current spot, she's been getting colder during the day... I will throw up some pictures of her new set-up either later tonight or tomorrow afternoon...

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I've been super busy lately with work and I haven't had any time to upload new pictures of Doodles, but today's my day off and I didn't have a crazy amount of things to do, so here's some new stuff :)

Doodles likes looking out the door
SAM_6627.jpg

She was stretching out her beard, and I tried so hard to get a picture! But this was the best I could get
SAM_6629.jpg

Squished up under her blanket before bedtime
SAM_6641.jpg

Bathtime!
SAM_6645.jpg

This is one of my favorites
SAM_6690.jpg

Lydia came to check things out...
SAM_6697.jpg

Beardie burrito :)
SAM_6706.jpg

Chunky belly, she was chillin' like this about 20 minutes ago
SAM_6709.jpg

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre":t7idmtbr said:
d'AWWWWWW! :D so cute! and what a nice creamsicle color!

Thank you! I absolutely love her color, I feel like I just stare at her all the time since. She was a petsmart baby, and was the only non-sandy baby of the bunch when I went to pick one out, so I just had to have her (best choice EVER she is the perfect dragon). I wish I could know if she was a specific morph though, just out of curiosity. I'm at least fairly certain she's a hypo, because all 19 of her nails are completely clear (one of her long toes was nipped off when I got her).

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre":12luojss said:
Good morning!
Doodles is so pretty!
You should have named her "Creamsicle" Lol! :wink:

That's a good one! For about the first 6 months I had her I thought she was a boy though, and I think that would have been a little too lady-like for a growing boy, haha. She actually started out as a 'Ziggy' and in some way I can't explain, that just morphed into Doodles over the months...

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
Doodles is very pretty! She reminds me of my Tazz. I would say she is definitely a hypo, normals don't have clear nails. And I myself would call her a citrus hypo. Thet's what Tazz is and they look very similar.
Amy :D

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I've been super busy with work lately, but today I had a chance to re-organize Doodles' tank based on how she's been behaving lately. This is her new setup for now:
SAM_6746.jpg

She's been spending a lot of time being grumpy at the bottom of the warm side of her tank, hiding her head behind things, so I figured moving her hide to that corner might encourage her to crawl in for a nap (& stop giving me that stink-eye!).

Here's a shot from before I re-did her tank, I call it "the inverted sexy-leg"
SAM_6722.jpg

That's all I have for now, but tomorrow is my day off so I'm sure I'll have something new to post.

Mediabandit

Sub-Adult Member
Do you have any plans on getting Doodles a bigger enclosure? Looks like she is filling that one up pretty good. She is a very beautiful Dragon too btw.

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardiesforthewin72":t5ix9gmj said:
Doodles is adorable and A HUGE DRAGON!!!! I'm anxious for the next update!

Thank you! I haven't had a chance to measure her lately and I've actually never weighed her (except on a scale that she was too fat for! so it didn't even work), but I feel like she's grown at least a little bit since the last time I measured, she just seems so BIG to me....

*EDIT: OMG I found my measuring tape, and Doodles is 21.5" long! She's grown 2" since I last checked!*

Mediabandit":t5ix9gmj said:
Do you have any plans on getting Doodles a bigger enclosure? Looks like she is filling that one up pretty good. She is a very beautiful Dragon too btw.

After the holidays I'm hoping I'll be able to build her a new enclosure, I'm just saving up the time and money right now. She's in a 40gal at the moment, but she's not very active inside her tank, she prefers to just lounge around in there and then run around in my living room with the cat, lol! :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom