Adventures with Doodles....New Pics of the Crew!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doodles went for a romp around the living room today, I snapped a few pictures while Lydia wasn't trying to get in my way. Such spoiled & silly babies....

hangin' out on the couch
SAM_6493.jpg

SAM_6505.jpg

she's such a chunky little thing
SAM_6507.jpg

SAM_6521.jpg

making a break for it!
SAM_6524.jpg

"haha, you can't catch me!"
SAM_6530.jpg

lydia came by to say hi to doodles
SAM_6534.jpg

"hmmm....i wonder if i can reach that doorknob..."
SAM_6542.jpg

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much for dealing with all of my gecko worries, I'm such a paranoid reptile momma, LOL! :lol: My babies ate ALL of their worms over the night, and I found them both this morning sprawled out over their heating pad (whose temp was sitting at a solid 93, hooray! Right now it's at 94.5). They're still scared of me...Toast runs & hides in the moist hide whenever she sees me, but Butters has stopped immediately hiding when I come into view. She mostly just freezes up and waits for me to look away, and THEN she runs, hahaha :lol: I'm thinking of sticking something that smells like me into their tank, so they can start to get used to me. They don't run away when the cat's looking into their tank anymore, which is a plus. Apparently I'm still a predator :cry:

Doodles is awake today, and still hasn't poo'd since she ate those worms, so I'm going to give her another bath & let her roam around the couch for a bit...Later today I'll try and get around to uploading the pictures I took yesterday :)

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
My uth gets to like 103.... I don't know what to do to lower it's heat... I've stuffed napkins to kind of soak in the heat and now they seem like they're not getting enough. :(

Gah. Ms. Predator, stop threatening your babies!! :lol:

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
ohsmileb":1wn06niu said:
My uth gets to like 103.... I don't know what to do to lower it's heat... I've stuffed napkins to kind of soak in the heat and now they seem like they're not getting enough. :(

Gah. Ms. Predator, stop threatening your babies!! :lol:

Mine does the same thing! I actually put a few layers of paper towel down on top of it (I think like 6 single sheets, lol), and it's done a pretty good job of keeping the UTH from burning their little bellies :) For a couple of days it was a bit low but I think it must have just been a little colder in my apartment, because it's fine now.

You'd think that since they SEE me put worms in their bowl they'd realize they're my friends, not my food :roll: I'm still hoping that they'll stop freaking out once they get bigger. Butters is the bigger one, after all, and she freaks out the least. I've only ever heard them bark once, and I'm not even sure which one did it! It was so freaky though! I really think they do get along, and I'm just hoping they're both females so they can stay together. Sometimes I find them laying next to each other on top of the warm hide where Butters normally sleeps, and they always lay near each other on the warm side after they eat, lol :mrgreen:

ohmybandit

Sub-Adult Member
Lol lucky! I must've picked the siblings that don't like each other! They lay opposite each other and I rarely find them together. It makes me nervous. Harlow's a monster and barks once a day. The smaller one is the little precious one :love5: I've picked a favorite of the two cause it's small and nice haha. It's crazy to see how much Harlow's grown in 2 weeks and Eve has a lot of catching up to do. I never even see mine do in the cool side but they love pooping in that hide... :roll:

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
EEP! I just held Butters & Toast for like 5 minutes each! :love5: :love5: :love5: Just to be safe I held them inside the walls of their tank. They were only scared for a second, then they just kinda leisurely walked along my hands...Butters took a flying death leap to her cave in the end though :shock: , luckily I was only holding her about 6 inches from the floor, lol :lol:

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
morphmom":286esjzo said:
Awww... :love5: They'll be climbing your hair like mini Tarzan's in no time! :D

Ahh I hope not! I'd lose them in this crazy nest of hair for sure, lol :lol:

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So I finally got around to uploading a few new things yesterday...

I measured Doodles, she is just about exactly 21 inches long :)
SAM_7087_zps9fff16b7.jpg

Lydia tried to help....sort of
SAM_7089_zps57c9580b.jpg

I tried to move Doodles' staircase after she ate, so she wouldn't go back to sleep under it...guess she showed me :lol:
SAM_7103_zpsb97a9af6.jpg

My babies really are buddies :love5:
SAM_7108_zps3c432707.jpg

I had Doodles out of her tank the other day for her bath, & I accidentally forgot that I was letting her roam around the house. Luckily, all she decided to do was crawl up onto the couch & take a nap with some double sexylegs :lol: She was so grumpy when I woke her up.
SAM_7110_zpsb8bb7dc6.jpg

ziggydoodles

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thanks for all of the comments & compliments, guys :) I'm so glad there are people out there who are as into their reptiles as I am, a lot of my friends think I'm a weirdo, lol :lol:

Doodles has crawled back into her cave, she's just halfway peeking out today, either napping or looking grumpy. :roll:

Butters & Toast are doing well, they both look like they're going to shed soon, which is awesome because that means my little babies are growing! I can definitely tell they've started filling out more than when I first got them. Toast still doesn't have a lot of tail fat, but she's got a nice round belly so I know she's not starving. :D They'll be getting their new 20gal on Friday, plus a new hide & maybe a couple of other things for their bigger digs. Ohmygosh they both poop so much though! One of them has been passing some mostly-undigested waxworms again, if only I knew which...it seems like this is only an occasional thing though, because for the past several days I've been finding two nicely formed little poos waiting for me every day. :) I have a feeling that it's Toast, just because she spends more time on the cooler side than Butters. I practically have to force Butters over to the cool side when I'm trying to clean their tank! I'm ordering some phoenix worms for them, but unfortunately I don't think they're going to be shipped before the holidays. :( I have a couple of new pictures of the babies I can post, I just need to remember where I put my camera cord... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemommma
Top Bottom