Adventures of (: *UPDATE - help? - pictures!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread about my two favorite little Beardie, Fiz :D And his brother KD
"Your hand is nice and cozy... I think I like you!"
FizInMyHand.jpg

He's giving me the stinkeye "Get that camera out of my face before I eat it AND you"
Fiz.jpg

He's such a sweetheart! I love him a lot & I love Bearded Dragons now!

SpitFyre

Sub-Adult Member
I have a theme suggestion. Take some non adhesive shelf liner, coat it in mod podge, and sPrinkle on some sand for grip. Put some bamboo placemats with the bamboo running vertically for a wall decoration! Naturalistic terrarium! (Kind of)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've basically completely neglected my DIY rocks, until today. I hadn't touched them for a few weeks, because I'm lazy.

Anyway, the other day I stepped on my long ledge rock and snapped it in half three quarters of the way down. It was a clean break so today I hot glued the pieces together and then went over the cracks with a final layer of grout. My stacked rock piece & the stairs to the long ledge are painted and have two layers of mod podge on them at the moment (the second layer is currently drying). If I continue this steak of productivity, I think I'll have them done by later this week or early next week. I know I've said that a million times but I'm serious this time. Going to finish sealing tomorrow and then install them pretty soon!

Just to update you on my progress :)

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So basically, Fiz doesn't eat or poop, he just sits under his light for awhile and then sleeps. I have no idea what to do for him. :cry:

KD's good though, growing like a weed.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
PumpkinJelly":2e3wx0o1 said:
So basically, Fiz doesn't eat or poop, he just sits under his light for awhile and then sleeps. I have no idea what to do for him. :cry:

KD's good though, growing like a weed.

:cry: :cry: :(

I think the first thing that needs to happen is to get a fecal done to see if he has any internal parasites or protozoa. The longer he goes without eating the harder it will be on his system to have the medication. If you want to mail me a sample I will do the fecal at my home and let you know what comes back and what you need to treat it.

tazznzeppelin

Juvie Member
I think that is great advice. I would also reccomend getting a fecal done. In the meantime, do you have any
probiotic powder or acidophilus you can give him? I think that would help. Bee pollen I've heard works well also. I had to mix the achidophiliz plus with chicken baby food , applesauce and liquid calcium for
Zeppelin when he wouldn't eat. He weighs over 500 grams now. Try not to worry too much, I'm sure he'll
be fine. They just like to get us all worked up!
Amy

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
shanny: I know he needs a fecal done. I'm gonna see if i'll be able to mail it to you. again, it's really nice of you to offer :) I'll get back to you by tomorrow hopefully on it because it's getting late right now! :)

tazz: um I don't know what those things are haha but I'm sure they worked if it got Zeppelin up to 500g. I'll have to look into that.

maybe im overreacting. he eats his bugs (won't chase them, let's them come to him) and piece of raspberry or two (loves them... well used to) and today I got him to eat 3 small pieces of collard green. surely not enough to fill him though.

(sorry this is short im on my iPhone and its annoying to type haha)

oh yes I also messaged Diane about his problems but she hasn't gotten back to me about it.

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
It's just one of those things you have to rule out, and it's pretty simple. If you know it isn't parasites, then you can move on and think about what else it could be. At his age, it is about the time for him to have a parasite or a protozoa, because their life cycle has had the time to complete several cycles, so he could have a high enough count to cause symptoms. Knowing what we know about beardeds and their natural inclination to hide their illness, if he is showing these symptoms, the fecal probably won't come back clean. I started looking up the life cycles of parasites and seeing how long their life cycles were and it was interesting to read about them and imagine how long it would take for a dragon to have a high enough count to want to treat them. The beautiful dragons website has some good info, too.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I've had him for about 10 months so that probably is enough time for him to develop a high count of parasites. I'll have to look some of that info up. he may be hiding the symptoms but I'm not really sure. he basks and is always a bright orange color. he bangs his head on the plexiglass everytime in my room because he wants me to let him run around. he hasn't gotten any skinner from what I can tell. hes still active. he hasn't changed much except for eating and pooping less. he looks happy and healthy from the outside. I just hope he's ok ):

ShannyBeard

Extreme Poster
WOW, he is about a year old, then. Time flies...! I don't know what else it could be, though. You are on top of your husbandry, your heating and UVB I know are correct, you feed the right feeders, and he should be eating more normally. I have been fostering a 3-4 month old bearded dragon for the last week or so who hasn't been eating, and her basking temp was over 130*F, and she had a ReptiGlo coil. She was very dehydrated and had no urate with her poo, too. After just adjusting those basic husbandry problems and putting her under the right UVB, she has gained 10 grams being here under a week. I don't see those kinds of problems happening with your dragon, though. You know what you are doing.

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes I know my little guy is growing up! he's so small though, just about 14in long. his heat is just where he likes it, about 96 F. anything hotter makes him hide in the corner. I just changed his UVB about 2-3 months ago. Im so close to putting his new rocks in I just need tile. I'm glad to hear that your little one is gaining wait, it's shocking to see what a little proper lighting can do for these guys. I havent given him a bath in a couple days so I'll give him one tomorrow. I think Fiz just likes to make me sad haha

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Okay so I know Beardie Bites aren't the best food for Beardies, but Fiz used to love them when he was a baby so I bought some today just to see if he'd eat. And he devoured them. I only have him a couple chunks but he loved them. Now he's this really bright orange color that he hasn't been in awhile. He's currently running around my room as I clean up the cricket cage so I can give him some bugs. I'm just happy he ate something! Not to mention he would've eaten more If I hadn't stopped him!

6C0188EF-1A79-44FD-BE48-5EA04E3E75E1-7763-0000067F5789B073.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom