Adventures of (: *UPDATE - help? - pictures!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the thread about my two favorite little Beardie, Fiz :D And his brother KD
"Your hand is nice and cozy... I think I like you!"
FizInMyHand.jpg

He's giving me the stinkeye "Get that camera out of my face before I eat it AND you"
Fiz.jpg

He's such a sweetheart! I love him a lot & I love Bearded Dragons now!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
There's nothing wrong with beardie bites, they're great snacks & if they help with his appetite it's all good. The probiotic is like yoghurt for us, the Acidofoluz is a liquid & it helps the digestive tract for beardies. Benebac is another probiotic, you can get it at pet shops, I think, or Tracie sells it on her site www.bug-de-lite.com. I bought some for Gabriel when I first got him, it's a gel you put across their mouths & they lick it up, it really helped him as he was really sick when I found him abandoned in a pet shop, 280g and so skinny & full of parasites. Now he's over 400g (this is just since April), has a great appetite, but took awhile to get him there. So look into that, might help Fitz while you're figuring out how to get a sample to Shanny. He does look great, though, not underweight at all & what great colours!!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
so i came home yesterday to this:

89623737-7A5E-4472-9CB5-AF70153F62AB-4245-000003BC8DD94EA7.jpg

Fiz passed out, lettuce and blueberries everywhere, hammock knocked off its hook, and a tiny poop with a really hard urate...

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Good picture, guess he was tired from all the running around! My gang have hard urates, too, lately, even though they're eating lots of greens, so I'm going to have to give them water by syringe & see if that helps. Fiz sure had a really nice viv!

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
He woke me up this morning actually from running around and banging on the glass. Haha he's always doing something strange! Its good to know that Fiz isnt the only one with a hard urate, ill have to give him some water then (he hates anything that has to do with water). His viv was built by my dad a few months ago. KD has one too. They use to share a viv when they were little babies, then i divided the viv in half once they got bigger, and then they got their own vivs. im in the process of making him some DIY rocks... i just need new tile!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You could get some Bee Pollen granules & put 1 tsp in 1/3 water, see if he likes the taste of that. It's full of really great vit/min & is good for beardies. Give it a try, you can buy it at any health food store. I use it often. You freeze it in between use & use warm water to melt the granules before giving it to Fiz. Give it a try, he might like it. It's good for adults, too.

rchick

Hatchling Member
Hey Jelly Hows it going? Its been forever since we talked so I thought I would say hi real quick SO HI :D

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi rchick! And oh I know! Everything's pretty good, Fiz hasn't been eating for a few weeks but he's almost back on track now with his eating. How have you been?

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Today I accidentally left Fiz in my room for a while, don't really know how long. My door was closed and then I realized I never put him back in his tank because he looked like he was enjoying his time on the floor and I forgot. Surprisingly he didn't go anywhere. He was right in the middle of my room. He must've just ran around the entire time, because that's what he usually does. When I walked in he ran to my bed and then ran back to me when I sat down on the floor. He crawled on my foot and just sat there and stared at me. He's like a little dog! He's really cute.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Aww, that was good of him to stay in sight for you, it's such a pain when they hide & you spend so much time trying to find them! Give him a hug for me.
Deb

PumpkinJelly

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
SpitFyre, Oh yeah Fiz does that too! Haha. He'll hide and go to sleep so I just turn off my bedroom light and let him sleep there because he won't go anywhere unless the lights come on & wake him up.

Deb, he always stays where I can see him, he's not really one to hide. But whenever he does, it's really tough to find him. He usually goes under a shirt or a blanket or behind my guitar. So annoying! But luckily he doesn't do that often! And oh I sure will!

As of his eating, he ate a few crickets today and one small chunk of strawberry! He refused anything else.

I forgot to mention that Fiz's mouth is about to shed as well as the left side of his nose. Probably will come off by tomorrow by the looks of it. He hasn't shed in months, so this is the first in awhile. KD's right eye and nose are going to shed soon too, and it looks like his shoulder & the lower end of his tail will too. They're starting to shed in patches instead of entire sections now!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
You'll find as they get older they do tend to shed in patches & when they're shedding their faces they tend to not eat as much, too, sometimes. Shedding is a good sign for Fiz though, so that's good to hear.

Kalyn876

Sub-Adult Member
Hey Pumpkin! I just caught up on your thread and if the fecal comes back clean then he could be trying to brumate. Tyrus has decided these last two weeks that he wants only two bites of salad then back to sleeping curled up under his log. I rarely get to see his pretty face lol Hoodoo never brumates so I was worried about Ty at first but hes not losing weight, just being lazy. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom