A poopie question

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often should they be pooping. He only poops a couple of times a wk and eats about 15 crickets a day and not to many greens. Also eats those BD pellets.

Another poopie question if that's OK - how long can they go without pooping before we should worry?

I am fairly sure that Kimba has not eaten anything she shouldn't have, just her usual morio worms and locusts, with a bit of butternut squash when convinced. But she hasn't pooped in two weeks now.

She is around about a year old now, and apart from being yet another veggie-hater, has been quite good - friendly, eating well etc... Since October though she did so down and start to sleep a lot, so I figured she was semi-burmating, as she seemed fine in herself and was maintaining her weight. I bathed her a couple of times of week and she woke up and had a few energetic episodes in between sleeping. She is not sleeping as much now and over the last 3-4 weeks has eaten food when offered it, BUT has only pooped a couple of times.

I am fairly sure that that husbandry side of things is fine after taking advice from this forum and other resources following having a nightmare of a time with my first beardie. However, I am struggling to keep the basking temp above 100F since the stupidly cold weather here in the UK and also with us moving to a colder house. Am getting a higher wattage ceramic heat bulb this week to go along side the MVB to see how that works out.

I have been bathing her every day for the last 3 days and gave her some applesauce last night, but still no poop. When bathing her and gently rubbing her tummy, you can feel she is very full of poop.

Has anyone got any more tips of how to help things along?, as don't want to resort to the vets unless necessary, as she still seems OK in herself?
All help appreciated!
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom