7 weeks old diet food texture

Status
Not open for further replies.

coffeesnob

I have noticed that my babies are not eating much veg or fruit. i am wondering if i am cutting it up small enough. what sort of texture should it be. at the moment i am trying to match the size of the worms.

Gail

BD.org Addict
Any hard veggies need to be cut small enough to fit down their throat since they don't really chew. I'd say between 1/8" and 1/4".
I'd offer green first meal of the day, maybe even try hand feeding. My baby eats greens pretty good but only if I hand feed her.
You also might try just one or two items at time. I generally start with romain, not the best green but its tender and most babies seem to like the taste. It helps them learn greens are food.

coffeesnob

Original Poster
Gail":3anyij1v said:
Any hard veggies need to be cut small enough to fit down their throat since they don't really chew. I'd say between 1/8" and 1/4".
I'd offer green first meal of the day, maybe even try hand feeding. My baby eats greens pretty good but only if I hand feed her.
You also might try just one or two items at time. I generally start with romain, not the best green but its tender and most babies seem to like the taste. It helps them learn greens are food.

i have soft herbs in the Kitchen i tried some basil today and they seem to like it i also got a bag of mixed leaves from the supermarket but i am concerned about the amount of chlorine they use in the production process. Any thoughts on this would be welcome

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
coffeesnob":1cf5xw0m said:
Gail":1cf5xw0m said:

i have soft herbs in the Kitchen i tried some basil today and they seem to like it i also got a bag of mixed leaves from the supermarket but i am concerned about the amount of chlorine they use in the production process. Any thoughts on this would be welcome

Chlorine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiricowell
Top Bottom