4 feet long??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
I'm speaking with a person that apparently has a bearded dragon that she says is 4 feet long. That isn't possible, is it? I kept telling her she might be having it confused with an iguana but she's adamant it's a beardie.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She is probably confused, there are no beardies anywhere near that size. Any breeder, herpetologist, zoo or even Wikipedia or any Google search will show her that.

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
That's what I said... I was like, either it's an iguana or you're overestimating lol because a lot of captive bred beardies don't even get to 2 feet unless it's a German Giant, and even then those don't get that big either

DaddyGeek

Juvie Member
Yeah.....no. lol I've HEARD of (can't confirm) the existence of one that hit 28 inches but never seen a pic of it. My biggest was my boy Bevo. He was 21 inches.

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
I'd love to see a 4 foot beardie because Levi is 18 inch or so and I feel like he's pretty big, about as big as they tend to get from what I know. I've only heard of 24" or maybe 25" but never 48". I can't imagine a beardie almost three times the size of Levi.

Maybe she meant Komodo Dragon....

Rampagingraptor

Sub-Adult Member
A Komodo dragon? I really hope not. Those things are incredibly dangerous. almost as bad as keeping an adult alligator as a pet (dangerwise, I mean).

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not even a chance that it's a Komodo. Only zoos can keep/display them, they are not something that you can purchase as a pet. :)

GoneForLunch

Hatchling Member
Haha, of course it's not a Komodo. But boy would that be a mistake to own one. Though would be very interesting at the same time.

SoraMiller

Hatchling Member
I've seen ones longer than 4 feet. 8)

full

hehehehehe :D

ofcourseilikepasta

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Update--

When I explained that it was impossible she said she'd only seen pictures because it isn't hers yet, and that the person was exaggerating and that it's actually just a little over 2 feet long. I'm still not convinced of this as whoever is telling her these things isn't actually measuring the beardie with a measuring tape lol.

I have a feeling Gare is going to end up being pretty big though, he's only about 9 months old right now and is right about 20 inches long!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Nope : bearded dragons (from Australia) simply don't come that big). I don't think even German Giant bearded dragons come that big , but I've never seen one (they aren't available here in Australia).

Maybe he's misidentified a frill necked dragon ( a large male can reach over 90cm long ) or an eastern water dragon (Australia) who often grow to longer than 1m as mature males.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Rampagingraptor":2ydyj5xx said:
If she is so inexperienced with beardies, maybe she shouldn't have one. o_O

I concur.

She needs to do more research and preparations before she parts with her $ and brings one home as a pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhacaiuytinco1
Top Bottom