Noise.?

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Do beardies make noises outside of hissing that isn't related to sickness.? Apparently, we found it says they make barking sounds, which is a territorial type of sound and even burp and chirp.

I was always told they can hiss and make a few noises related to respiratory issues but no legitimate sounds, like another animal would make, if that makes sense.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
One of mine make a whining or crying sound once in a while. It's random as heck, I've never been ae to get a video of it.

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
I was wondering about that as well because mine makes a cry or whine as well once in a while.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
He does it only on my shoulder when we sit besides the window. Other than that, I don't know and I don't know how he does it as he is right next to my ear and I don't see him...
That's so weird. We read an article that said they can make purring sounds, even make barking sounds but I always they couldn't make any real physical sounds.

Mine short or huff air at us all the time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
That's so weird. We read an article that said they can make purring sounds, even make barking sounds but I always they couldn't make any real physical sounds.

Mine short or huff air at us all the time πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Zen huffs if I annoy him, or if he has nose trumpets.

acidburn01

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Toothless
Zen huffs if I annoy him, or if he has nose trumpets.
It's mostly that nova that does it because she's so fat but toothless does it before he tries to take off for one of the other tanks. It tends to startle me if he's in my face when he does it πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. πŸ˜”
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom