2011 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
:oops: Just remembered that I never indicated which beardie was which for the 2x1 pic.
The beardie on the left is Digi (smaller and colorful one) and the one on the right is Pookie.

MissT

BD.org Addict
What timezone are we talkin about when it's 11.59pm? I'm gmt so I need to figure out actual time so ican get myself to a working computer well before then!!!! Someone let me know what time it is there when they are replying to this, that way I an work it out lol! Thanks muchly! T

nair88

Gray-bearded Member
MissT":53sbqk9p said:
What timezone are we talkin about when it's 11.59pm? I'm gmt so I need to figure out actual time so ican get myself to a working computer well before then!!!! Someone let me know what time it is there when they are replying to this, that way I an work it out lol! Thanks muchly! T
well, he's in california which is on pacific standard time which is 7 hours behind greenwich mean time. so, you would have until 06:59 on sunday morning :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Yes... that is correct. In all honesty, people have until I wake up Sunday morning. :) Then I'll be moving all images into a folder for processing and consider it "closed". So, really... get it done by Saturday night (whatever timezone you're in) and you're safe. :)

MissT

BD.org Addict
Well im getting there now. Huff's are sent. Phoebe's are sent. Kazi's is the only one causing me problems - I have narrowed it down to 7 shots - hoping to get it down to 2 pretty soon - of course, today, there is noone at home to help me decide lol!

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I can accept it for a smaller image spot as is... but I would rather the unedited original version of it, though. In original form/resolution, it might even make its way into full page status. :)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Some people have been getting a bounced email error when sending me their pictures. Oddly, I do still end up getting the email. If you get a confirmation email from me, then your submission was DEFINITELY received (that gets sent by my email program when receiving it). However, I may still have gotten it, even if you don't get the "receipt" auto-response, because I sometimes check my mail from someplace other than my home computer (like from work).

Anyway... the issue has to do with a spam protection mechanism I have had in place on my server for many years. It seems AOL is only now having an issue with it, and the reason is because they are not properly supporting the very long-defined and standard email protocol for communication. However, it DOES seem that despite the bounce message, they do end up retrying the delivery and successfully delivering the email. They are just confusing their members (the email senders) by sending a bounce message sooner than they should... they tell the user there was a "permanent failure" in delivering the email, when in fact it was a "temporary failure".

So, if you get this issue, I suggest contacting AOL support and tell them to stop sucking! :) hehe. Well... maybe not in those words. But it might be worth telling them that their mail servers are not properly interpretting a temporary failure... or something. An example of a message I got said that they failed to deliver for 3 hours (which seems very odd since i only issue a temporary error for 5 minutes). Oh!!! Unless an AOL email server managed to get itself banned due to high spam levels!! I'll have to check on that.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Okay! It WAS that AOL got blocked from sending me email (at least a handful of their many servers)... so they had difficulty delivering the submissions for AOL users. Many eventually got through, but they still sent back bounce messages to the sender... I can't explain why they did that.

Anyway... if you did get an actual email bounce in response to sending in your submission, please let me know. I can double check if your submission made it through. I've also disabled the bans and added some code to my spam blocking script to do an extra check for AOL owned servers before banning a mail server. heh.

I guess AOL ought to do a better job at ensuring Spam isn't being sent out by their members (usually virus infected computers though). But still. If I see it as HIGH spam scores (using a spam service to score spam likelihood on my server), they should be able to, before sending it.

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
I didnt state this, but with me having 4 beardies, and you work to keep peoples beardies in the same calendar, that if you want to/need to mix mine up in different calendars, I am ok with that.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Thanks. I can usually manage to keep them together... but if you'd particularly like them in different calendars, let me know. I'm guessing that some people who have multiple beardies and were planning on buying 2 or more calendars anyway (for the kids, for friends, etc.), might prefer having the variety. :)

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Oh, it doesnt make a difference to me, whatever works best for you. Just wanted to give you that option and let you know that I dont mind if you need to do that.

jeritta

Sub-Adult Member
Hi
Just making sure you got our calender images.I know we had a few problems sending them and had to
resend a few times. should be 4 total.
thanks
Jeritta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
syddersspams
Top Bottom