2011 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I can usually work with glare, providing it's not overly obtrusive. That usually (an exception could be made if glare works an artistic element in the shot) rules it out for full page use, but not for other spots. For any images submitted, I will contact you if it isn't usable at all. I really like to try and give everyone who did submit by the deadline a chance to get their beardie's picture into the calendar. :)

It would be fun to have more two-headed dragons, but all pictures need to be provided by the owner with all the rights/release of rights necessary for us to print/publish and retain profits related to the images. As noted in the lengthy description (near the part about emailing), an implicit authorization and rights authorization is given for this purpose by emailing the images for use in the calendar.

-Alex

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sardonyx":2bfwdbxf said:
Baahhhhhhhhh! I did this >< Doh!

Erm, I'm not in any way assuming that my photo would be chosen for a larger image in the calendar, but what if a 'reshoot' isn't possible for any reason (for anyone that might end up in this situation)? Is there scope to submit a portrait image which has room to be suitably cropped?

I totally understand you will be contacting people should this be the case, but I just thought I'd ask!!

- Emma :D
If an image that was submitted as vertical is not usable, I will certainly follow-up with the submitter to get a new shot that can be used. There are a few different size spots. I have little 2" square spots scattered throughout, and some medium sized rectangular spots (usually where I fit 16 and also 9 on a page). I will crop as needed, and if it doesn't work cropped, I'll be sure to contact you.

It's funny, but I even did that with my own images back when I had my beardies more regularly in the calendar. I totally wasn't thinking about how a vertical shot wouldn't work for a horitizontal space. heh. And what stinks... I LOVE shooting vertical for so many subjects. hehe.

Livey

Extreme Poster
What happens if you have a couple of dragons, will they all be in the same calender or will i have to buy 2 of them or something? :lol:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I try to keep a user's dragons in one calendar, unless someone has a special request to keep them in different calendars.

duke11

Gray-bearded Member
Thanks for the help Alex. Just submitted mine! :)

Edit: Did you get my pics? I sent them again since I first didn't attach anything, but for some reason my email sent 2 of the same reply so I hope you got them!

Jiffy

BD.org Addict
Alex, would an "action" shot be ok? It is great quality, and very clear, but didnt want to include it as one of my 2 if you only wanted more "portrait" pics. The action one is really great though ( at least I think so)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Sure... an action shot is fine... I mostly just want it so we can "see" the beardie. :) Think of it this way... if it were a picture of a person, could we tell who they were? :) I think that's the main idea of what I look for (more or less). But if the overall shot blows me away as a must have for full-page use... then I'm generally forgiving/flexible on such "guidelines".

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Hi Alex! Can't wait to see how the calendars will turn out this year.

Question: I have a pic of both Pookie and Digi, and pics of them individually. Would submitting the duo pic count as the second pic submission for both?

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I'm fine with getting 4 pics total. So, you don't necessarily lose out on an extra individual image option. In the end, I'll have to pick however I think works best from what I have available. :)

If it didn't take so much time to go through all the images, I wouldn't limit how many people could try submitting (well, reasonably so). But it takes a LONG time to filter through 300-400 images to narrow it down to 150 or so... as I'm sure you know, when you organize the Photo competition stuff. :) heh.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh yeah, I know!
If I had to manage the calendar submissions, I'd have to start asking for them in March, because it'd take me that long to go through them all and place them in the most optimal spots :roll:

:notworthy:

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
I don't generally watch for all the images as they come in (I have email filters). In most cases (if the subject was spelled exactly correct as specified) an auto-reply email gets generated. Sometimes I manually copy emails to the folder for when I review them.

So... I don't know. After I go through all the emails and prepare the images for the calendar print, I will post them for review. So, everyone will have about a week to look at the previews to make sure their beardie's name is spelled correctly, that I didn't confuse things, and that no one got missed who submitted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tlpowell718
Top Bottom