2010 Bearded Dragon Calendar images needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
8 emails is just fine. I end up having to go through every email and copy the pictures out of the emails anyway. So either way is fine. The one advantage to one email per beardie is that the name is obvious. With multiple beardies in the same email, I sometimes am left guessing if the color I see is what the person meant by "orange" or assume that the order I'm seeing of the pictures is the same as when they sent it (sometimes attachments are not displayed in the same order as intended) when they say "the second one is bob". heh.

Clarity and consistency is best. That's why I prefer people to copy and paste and just change the info. It makes it easier for me to pick out the details I need when going through some 180 emails, when all is said and done, to extract the pictures and keep track of which pics was whose and the name of the beardie. It may sound bad, but I don't even bother reading any other text in the emails other than the info I asked for. I just don't have the time to when trying to go through them all. For example, I spent over an hour last night and only got through 20 emails (of the 145 already in my folder). :)

Chug chug chug... making my way through them all! Hopefully I'll have everything "sorted" by the end of this weekend, and I can start actually picking and choosing and finalizing the layout. It's fun, but has tedious components before I get to the fun part. heh.

Thanks,
-Alex

Suzie22

Hatchling Member
Hey there! I just sent you an email with 4 pics, 2 of Drago I (RIP) and 2 of the new Drago! Let me know if you don't get it! I know it's close to deadline, things have been VERY hectic lately!! :banghead:

Rachella

Juvie Member
Hello!

I sent in a couple of pictures earlier with. One of Dude and one of Girl. I think it was before the calendar post was made, and I was just wondering if I would need to resend them or are they already on file or...?

I apologize for any inconvenience or confusion. ^_^

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Rachella:

Yes, I do have the email you sent. :)

Thanks,
-Alex

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Alex I know we don't like to do the shots thru glass but I'm having a hard time deciding on pic's
of Zak-n-Wheezie. :( It seems as the nice outdoor pic's that I'd taken my camera wasn't set on
the maximun resolution or pixels so most of the pic's that I have are thru glass.
Would this be an exceptible pic? I have it narrowed down to 4 pic's right now. But I really like this
pic because it shows the two different personalities being Zak has a white beard in the pic and
Wheezie has a dark beard and they have their happy colors on. I posted in Zak-n-Wheezie's thread
the 4 pic's that I've narrowed it down to for help in deciding if anyone would care to help me out
and post which 2 are your fav's.

DSC04510.jpg

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Alex,
Do you accept our dragons with people in them, ie:
100_7474.jpg

I have others, but wanted to know about this one, Thanks
Christine

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
No. Generally any pictures with people or other animals I tend to either crop or use "the other" picture submitted. I pretty much try to keep this a bearded dragon -only calendar as much as possble.

Thanks for checking on that though. :)

-Alex

Rachella

Juvie Member
Here's a question!

Could there be a possibility of being able to 'request' a certain month for our beardies to be featured? I know that the chances of fulfilling everyone's wishes will be difficult if not impossible, but I thought I'd ask anyways. I told my BF about the calendar and he said if Girl is in it he'd appreciate her being on his birthday month. So I told I'd ask. 8)

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Unfortunately, no. When I go through them all, I can't try to keep track of that with all the images as well as get a layout that works. I'm sure it's possible, but that would make it quite a bit more difficult to just get a layout done. Not to mention, if I start down that path, I open the flood gates. heh.

Rachella

Juvie Member
Haha I figured as much. :p It's all good, though. I warned him there was a very small chance of it since I know there's a gazillion and a half entries. Thanks though!

beardie osk

Extreme Poster
Thanks Alex for answering my question, I have to agree with you, hopefully you recieved my pics of Ollie, Pyrex and Bella.
Christine

blondie098

Gray-bearded Member
I know it's at the "crunch hour", but I sent 6 emails and only got 2 confirmations -- hope they made it ok for our Crash, Xena & Psycho (I got Psycho's confirmations) -- I know you're incredibly busy Alex! :mrgreen: and we appreciate all you do with this site!

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think he sends confirmations for all the emailed pictures as I only got 2 out of the 4 I sent.

beardie

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Administrator
Founder
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Cailyth, Pinky, & Brain
Confirmations are only sent if the subject of the email was EXACTLY as indicated in the instructions. They are sent automatically by my email program when it filters the emails to a special folder. If I have to copy the email manually due to the subject being slightly different than specified, the confirmation email doesn't get sent.

A note for anyone else sending, of common mistakes in email subject (if you're not copy and pasting):
- Calendar is spelled "Calendar". People often spell it as calender or other variations.
- image is singular in the requested subject (some emails said "images")

In general... best to copy and paste. :) Otherwise, I still see the email and copy it over manually. But you won't get the auto-response confirmation.

-Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom