2 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why do you need to know how long a beardie can live without food and water?
And what are you using the ducttape for. It's not really something you use for beardies which is why im asking.

-Brandon

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Babies are very fragile and should be fed two-three times daily, bathed once a day. I don't know how soon they would die without, nor do I want to find out :?
Duct tape in a hot tank can give off toxins. I have occasionally put a *tiny* piece in to hold the probe in place, but you should definitely not use any significant amount.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
B1ackfire":2bmnj3gd said:
Is duct tape safe for beardies?
How long will a baby beardie survive with out food or water?
These are very strange questions.

MissT

BD.org Addict
diamc":rfadjwf7 said:
B1ackfire":rfadjwf7 said:
Is duct tape safe for beardies?
How long will a baby beardie survive with out food or water?
These are very strange questions.

I dont even think I want to know why these questions are being asked! My mind has been racing with possible reasons for these questions since I read them!

FBradshaw

Juvie Member
My guess would be this has something to do with shipping. There's specific ways live animals have to be shipped, and overnight is the only way you should ever ship an animal so feeding shouldn't be an issue.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
FBradshaw":3th0xyq3 said:
My guess would be this has something to do with shipping. There's specific ways live animals have to be shipped, and overnight is the only way you should ever ship an animal so feeding shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah, if you are interested in shipping I can give you that information. Could you please clarify?

B1ackfire

Original Poster
I wanted to cover a cheerios box his habitat in duct tape for decoration and I am planning to get him from the pet store a few days before I go on vaction for four days. I can also put the lights on a timer when I go away.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
Four days is much to long for a baby to be without food and water. Is there anyone who can watch him or could the pet store hold him until you get back? Unfortunately the duct tape you would need to cover a cheerios box would probably put out too much of the toxin, I would not do that. My little girl has a shoe box in her tank (turned on it's side) and loves to go lay in there (even more than her two expensive hides).

Gail

BD.org Addict
4 days with no food or water could possibly kill a baby, you really should consider waiting until you get back from vacation before bringing him home. At the very least, that would be considered neglect.
Leaving crickets in the cage while you are gone isn't a option either, they will bite a sleeping dragon.

Dragons don't really need a hide, which I'm assuming you were using the box for. Basking rocks/sticks and some stuff to climb on are all you really need.

Carnivorouszoo

Sub-Adult Member
Is that a ten gallon? I hope you know your beardie will outgrow that quickly. I have mine in a 29 tall and she is getting too big. I keep watching for a cheap 40 breeder or 55 gallon on craigslist to upgrade her to. Eventually I want her in this awesome 65 I found online :D I decided to give her a shoebox to go in if she wants to get out of the UVB at all, but other than that I have 2 broken cinder blocks and an aquarium decor bridge in there. She basks on the bridge its cool to see :) What is the board made out of and what is on top of it? You have to be careful cause their claws can get stuck in stuff and could injure the little one while trying to get free. What do you plan to use as substrate? It can not be left bare bottom like that. . . I use newspaper. What lights do you plan to use and how will you have them setup? Do you have a good thermometer to check temps with?

GeckoGarden

Sub-Adult Member
Ten gallons can be hard to get the temps right as well, there's not enough room for the cool side to get cool in my opinion, plus with in a few weeks your baby will out grow it as pointed out before.

Craigslist always has nice big tanks for sale, petco even has the dollar a gallon sales now and then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom