16 hour car trip with a beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stef0723

Is it safe to take a beardie on that long of a trip? I will be stopping over night at a hotel after about 8 or9 hours of driving the first day.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
Hey I think your beardie will be fine, maybe bring a heat pad along to keep him/her warm? (be careful it's not too warm though)

SlizardGirl

Hatchling Member
heck i do it all the time. go to petco and buy a ferret travel case, and then sneak into the hotel. bring papeer towel and meal worms work well to take with. mine loves to bask on the dash. get a leash.

Coliosis

Juvie Member
SlizardGirl":71p5a7xm said:
heck i do it all the time. go to petco and buy a ferret travel case, and then sneak into the hotel. bring papeer towel and meal worms work well to take with. mine loves to bask on the dash. get a leash.

Hahaha that's so cute! That would probably keep him nice n warm too! I bet you get a lot of funny looks from people :p

SlizardGirl

Hatchling Member
no need but if it is chilly i wrap those hunting hand warmers in fleece and put my beardie on it.

everyone loves her i swear on each trip she gets 100s of pics. everyone loves her. she was the biggest attraction at a fair we went to. it was soo cute. the little kids love her

stef0723

Original Poster
Ok thanks everyone! Good to hear we shouldn't have any issues. My beardie is still tiny,got her in Feb. of this year so I shouldn't have any issues sneaking her into a hotel. I'll have a cooler with my sons snacks and milk so I can throw in a little beardie salad for the stop. Thanks again guys!

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
I guess what i had meant is if you would still feed them while out? Since you don't have basking lights, are they able to digest the food? I mean how do you get the temps up high without a basking light?

Zeusmybeardie

Gray-bearded Member
Do u have a plug in your car u can buy a thing that plugs in to adapter and then it has a Plug and then u can plug it in my moms can has a plug do that's how I would do it

Valerie

Sub-Adult Member
OK I am lost, do what with a thing you can plug in?
I meant at the hotel wouldn't you need some type of basking light? Just curious since we will be going out of town for a day and we may take ours with us.

AtlasStrike

Sub-Adult Member
I always bring a basking light with me when I travel anywhere overnight with Charlie. And a thermometer. I just use a 60 watt light bulb in a reflector and adjust the distance so that the temps are good. If she is really little, a sterilite tub as a travel cage might not be a bad idea. That way you can set her up in there when you are at the hotel, and don't have to worry about her getting lost.

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
I traveled across the country with my 2 beardies - 3 days on the road.

Mine loved to sit up on the dashboard (I had a dashboard cover that was like, kinda fuzzy - kept them from sliding around). If they tired of that, they sat on the passenger seat in a towel.

They slept in the bathtub in the hotel, LOL. I put a towel down and a couple heat packs (those hand warmer things that you can buy in the camping section).

It is remarkably easy to travel with Beardies! I actually think they enjoy the adventure!

Dooter

Sub-Adult Member
Oh yeah! I packed up some superworms (they travel well with little maintenance) and made up some of their "salad" ahead of time and kept it in a cooler.

They ate when whenever we stopped to stretch our legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom