120 gallon too big?

Beardie name(s)
Blue
Hey! Ive been thinking about upgrading my bearded dragons cage. Is a 120 gallon to big? She is a smaller beardie, so im not sure if it would be two big for her. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey! Ive been thinking about upgrading my bearded dragons cage. Is a 120 gallon to big? She is a smaller beardie, so im not sure if it would be two big for her. Thanks!
No we recommend a 75-120 gallon tank for a adult dragon -- so by the time shes a year old that would be great for her

RangoRocky

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Rango Rocky Balboa
Definitely recommend the 120g. Had I known…..it would’ve saved me so much money.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Agreed, i wasted so much money by going up 1 size at a time. 10, 20 long,36, 4x2x2 top opening (very bad idea) to finally 4x2x2 front opening. Bah just get the 4x2x2 front open and be done :cool:

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I just purchased a 120 gallon a week ago from a 40 gallon and it was so worth it. GO FOR IT! I echo what everyone else says. I filled additional items inside (but not too many) so she doesn't feel overwhelmed but she acclimated quicker than I thought.

Although Rocky is 5 months, her tail was/is always my concern. I thought about her turning- Rocky loves to climb/jump so I realized that I didn't want her to hurt herself in any way.

Rocky looks so much smaller in her new home but I have no regrets with the upgrade...other than successfully being able to hang her favorite hammock. I purchased a swing instead and after looking for her for 10 minutes yesterday....she was on the SWING :) Hidden in plain sight. Rocky never used the swing before so my point is that everything will work out fine!

Blue_the_beardie

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Blue
I just purchased a 120 gallon a week ago from a 40 gallon and it was so worth it. GO FOR IT! I echo what everyone else says. I filled additional items inside (but not too many) so she doesn't feel overwhelmed but she acclimated quicker than I thought.

Although Rocky is 5 months, her tail was/is always my concern. I thought about her turning- Rocky loves to climb/jump so I realized that I didn't want her to hurt herself in any way.

Rocky looks so much smaller in her new home but I have no regrets with the upgrade...other than successfully being able to hang her favorite hammock. I purchased a swing instead and after looking for her for 10 minutes yesterday....she was on the SWING :) Hidden in plain sight. Rocky never used the swing before so my point is that everything will work out fine!
Perfect! Thanks!

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DarthPenumbra
Top Bottom