New setup questions

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
Hey ya'll,
So my beardie is about 5-6 months old and i have her in a 40 gallon with tube uvb etc, i know its coming soon but shell be to big for the 40 gallon shes in right now, ive hearddd which i dont trust things unless they come from someone who really has experience with beardies, but that when beardies get in a new enclosure that fells to big they get stressed, i was thinking about getting a 120 gallon but i dont know if i should get a 60 or 70 gallon first?

heres the 120 gallon I was looking at- tell me if there is a better one you prefer
Reptile Habitats 4x2x2 PVC Reptile Enclosure | $299 Free Shipping

and if i get the 120 gallon i was going to get the 4ft UVB SunBlaster to cover the length of the 120 gallon- again if theres another one you prefer please let me know-

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I would go straight to the 120 gallon, but i wouldn't do a 4 foot uvb. They need to be able to get out of the uvb sometimes. I would do a 24 inch or a 36 inch instead. Make sure to have the uvb and basking overlap at least a little so your beardie doesn't have to chose one or the other. Give him/her multiple levels to chose from and they will go to what they need.
As far as stressing them, it's not the size of the habitat so much as being displaced, everything get rearranged and is different to them. So if you go 60, 70 then 120, you displace them 3 times as opposed to 1 time.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hey ya'll,
So my beardie is about 5-6 months old and i have her in a 40 gallon with tube uvb etc, i know its coming soon but shell be to big for the 40 gallon shes in right now, ive hearddd which i dont trust things unless they come from someone who really has experience with beardies, but that when beardies get in a new enclosure that fells to big they get stressed, i was thinking about getting a 120 gallon but i dont know if i should get a 60 or 70 gallon first?

heres the 120 gallon I was looking at- tell me if there is a better one you prefer
Reptile Habitats 4x2x2 PVC Reptile Enclosure | $299 Free Shipping

and if i get the 120 gallon i was going to get the 4ft UVB SunBlaster to cover the length of the 120 gallon- again if theres another one you prefer please let me know-
The tank I have seen--- have not gotten any feed back on them - I know people have ordered them - the Sunblaster is good but I would go w/ the 2 ft or 24" you dont want a UVB the full length of the tank even a 36 " would be fine- skip the 60-70 gallon - hes big enough for the 120 gallon now -- and yes they can be stressed if in a tank too small -- you get the glass surfing etc -- their pre cut glass doors are cheaper than Zens which are $100 -- if you get the Sunblaster UVB please change the bulb out to either a Arcadia 12% or the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --

Mollie the dragon

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Mollie
The tank I have seen--- have not gotten any feed back on them - I know people have ordered them - the Sunblaster is good but I would go w/ the 2 ft or 24" you dont want a UVB the full length of the tank even a 36 " would be fine- skip the 60-70 gallon - hes big enough for the 120 gallon now -- and yes they can be stressed if in a tank too small -- you get the glass surfing etc -- their pre cut glass doors are cheaper than Zens which are $100 -- if you get the Sunblaster UVB please change the bulb out to either a Arcadia 12% or the Reptisun 10.0 T 5 bulb --
This one? and if i get the 2ft will the 22in bulb be okay?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom