Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
7D58ACD6-DC28-4AA8-B3A7-96DEA312C4FF.jpeg

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
We need someone knowledgeable who can help. I know I’m a stranger but I’m desperate for someone to check out my baby girls skin issue. It’s been an ongoing issue for over 1.5 yrs. We’ve been to countless vets, had countless tests done, admitted into hospital over night, partial tail amputation, antibiotic injections x2 every 72hrs, several other oral medications, topical creams,spray,antibacterials,ointment, gel, I mean the list goes on beyond anything reasonable. At this point: my bank account and cc are maxed out at $20,000 in vet bills etc. My go fund me account has had no luck whatsoever and most recently I’ve been told she needs a $4500 surgery due to her being eggbound. I absolutely cannot afford anymore, I simply do not have it. Even worse is they’ve done next to nothing to even help. I am not asking for a hand out or pro bono, I’m asking for someone knowledgeable/expert in bearded dragons that would be willing to see her (I’ll drive anywhere I have to) at a reasonable price and help me save her. This little girl is my whole world and I am absolutely defeated and I feel entirely helpless as to how to help her. I’ve attached her biopsy results below. Thank you

Attachments

• 966D5200-65E0-4468-A79B-3793D6DA4070.jpeg
    966D5200-65E0-4468-A79B-3793D6DA4070.jpeg
    703.6 KB · Views: 45

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
We need someone knowledgeable who can help. I know I’m a stranger but I’m desperate for someone to check out my baby girls skin issue. It’s been an ongoing issue for over 1.5 yrs. We’ve been to countless vets, had countless tests done, admitted into hospital over night, partial tail amputation, antibiotic injections x2 every 72hrs, several other oral medications, topical creams,spray,antibacterials,ointment, gel, I mean the list goes on beyond anything reasonable. At this point: my bank account and cc are maxed out at $20,000 in vet bills etc. My go fund me account has had no luck whatsoever and most recently I’ve been told she needs a $4500 surgery due to her being eggbound. I absolutely cannot afford anymore, I simply do not have it. Even worse is they’ve done next to nothing to even help. I am not asking for a hand out or pro bono, I’m asking for someone knowledgeable/expert in bearded dragons that would be willing to see her (I’ll drive anywhere I have to) at a reasonable price and help me save her. This little girl is my whole world and I am absolutely defeated and I feel entirely helpless as to how to help her. I’ve attached her biopsy results below. Thank you
What are you using for a uvb? Please post pics of the dragon- we need Tracie to look at the test you posted
@Drache613

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Vets are like any other medical facility these days. They are a business first and ... well they are a business and everything is money driven. Very few truely seem to care. If they happen to help you well good for you (from their perspective). The corporate greed in this day and age has pretty much shoved genuine empathy almost out of existence. (And before someone razzes me, yes i know there are SOME good vets but not all of us are lucky enough to know them). I feel so bad for you and your girl. I hope you can find her a solution.

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
What are you using for a uvb? Please post pics of the dragon- we need Tracie to look at the test you posted
@Drache613
She has the tube uvb T5 10.0 along with the murcury vapor bulb (purple box) I can’t remember the brand atm, it’s maybe 2 months old, I replaced her other one after 3 months just in case the bulb was defective (reptile store assured me it was still good) but I didn’t want to take any chances. I replace her bulbs too often but I always have extras on hand just in case 🤷🏼‍♀️She also has an outside summer house so I get her as much natural sunlight and fresh air as possible. We Haven’t had too many warm enough days yet but when summer fully kicks in, It’s always a priority ☀️ I emailed the vet history from the last 3 (most often visited) vets, along with any attachments/test results. Idk how to attach them here. I soaked her in fish tank water salts (recommended from an employee) at the pet store to help with stuck shed and with cleansing her wound from the surgery and it didn’t seem to do much but today I soaked her longer and decided to add in colloidal silver liquid, chlorhexidine and raw honey from our family’s bee farm in Lithuania and brushed with a toothbrush and 😳 it was like a miracle happened..the shed/crust on her foot lifted and it detached along with more shed from her foot and toes!! I didn’t want to mess with it or pull it off but now that she’s dry, it looks like it’s grabbed back on and not going anywhere. She’s definitely in pain when you even touch her skin though And her skin feels super hard and rough/crusty sort of. I need suggestions for a solid and affective skin care regimen for her. Something as routine and not over drying or over moisturizing along with an antibacterial agent. Her stuck belly shed, severe stuck tail shed along with arms and back are impenetrable and have now started turning white. Her beard as well.

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
Vets are like any other medical facility these days. They are a business first and ... well they are a business and everything is money driven. Very few truely seem to care. If they happen to help you well good for you (from their perspective). The corporate greed in this day and age has pretty much shoved genuine empathy almost out of existence. (And before someone razzes me, yes i know there are SOME good vets but not all of us are lucky enough to know them). I feel so bad for you and your girl. I hope you can find her a solution.
I absolutely couldn’t agree more!! They have put us through hell and all I want is for someone to help me help her. I cannot express the amount of overwhelming stress this has caused me daily 24/7. I have become so desperate to help her that I’ve literally drained my bank account on anything and everything with a possibility of helping and I’ve spent every second either researching books from the library, reddit forums, google, vets upon vets, applying her creams, giving injections, medicine, soaks, showers, baths, cleaning her enclosure, mixing vitamins and supplements with veggies in a blender and hand feeding her, I mean the list goes on. I feel pure guilt when I do anything else not involving her because that’s a second that I could be spending doing something more to help her and I’m exhausted. I am defeated and her skin just seems to not give in to anything. She’s alert, eats like a horse, and seems rather content to be honest, but her skin looks terrible.

Sweetie_Cheeks

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Echo-Lina
How is she looking now, can you post pics ? How is her appetite and activity level ?
She’s alert, looks content and eats like a starving horse (she’s fed very well) lol. It’s just her skin that looks terrible and has continued to spread and it’s definitely painful for her. The stuck belly shed causes her to only be able to eat so much at a time but after a soak she eats like she’s starving. I’ll post pictures shortly.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
She’s alert, looks content and eats like a starving horse (she’s fed very well) lol. It’s just her skin that looks terrible and has continued to spread and it’s definitely painful for her. The stuck belly shed causes her to only be able to eat so much at a time but after a soak she eats like she’s starving. I’ll post pictures shortly.
Please find the brand of MVB your using---- there are actually only 2 on here we recommend one more so than the other one--- Mega Ray is the better one--- the UVB T 5 should be in the tank and directly above the basking decor piece 12-15 inches --- please no more salt baths --- I recommend soaking in betadine solution make it look like a weak tea-- and I would start also w/ some raw unpasteurized honey -- example Manuka honey -- this one is expensive - so you can use another brand but make sure its a raw unpasteurized honey - your MVB and the UVB are critical w/ skin conditions- the UVB is what brand please?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
That's all very good to hear ! Please post pics of her, this is VERY important. Lab tests can be mixed up or plain unhelpful but having input from experienced long time owners can be invaluable. Many vets have fleeced you.

Last edited:

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Is there ANY chance at all she can get close enough to the mvb to he getting burned?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
The questions about lighting + proximity to the MVB have all been asked before and there are pics in her previous posts from months ago. New pics are needed to show her condition and her set up to see if there's any change. Sweetie, I know you put a lot of products on her skin but try to show pics of Echo lina when she's dry,

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunalane827
Top Bottom