My Baby Beardie is not eating

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
When ever I try to feed my baby beardie in the morning it does not eat any of them. It does eat some at night it has proper heating and uvb and humidity. It is shedding though :!:

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How long have you had your baby ? Relocation stess is common and sometimes will slow down on eating but not usually quit all together -- please post pics of tank a lighting -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun? stick ons? or digital probe? Lighting and temps in the tank play a huge role in the behavior and digestion of dragons--
Karrie

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":eekdr23p said:
How long have you had your baby ? Relocation stess is common and sometimes will slow down on eating but not usually quit all together -- please post pics of tank a lighting -- https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/
Also what are your basking temps and how are you taking them? Infrared heat gun? stick ons? or digital probe? Lighting and temps in the tank play a huge role in the behavior and digestion of dragons--
Karrie
I got him 2 days ago. The first full day I had him he at all the crickets I gave him besides one in the morning and at night he only ate one. Today he has not eaten any. I use a digital probe and his temps are 100 degrees F on the basking spot and 87 on the cool side. He likes to go on the glass because it is warm
full
full
full

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so I would replace the coil -- and get a Reptisun 10.0 T8 or a T5- the T 8 would need to be changed out every 6 months and should be placed in the tank around 6-8 inches from basking area - the T 5 is a stronger bulb and should sit 10-12 inches from basking - basking spot should be 105-110 for a baby -- relocation stress will play a factor but like I said earlier he should not quit completely quit eating and shedding makes them grumpy and slow as well on eating -- the glass surfing is off too so I am wondering if that coil has something to do w/ it -- coils are harmful to their eyes not to mention other things that it causes --- get your lighting and temps fixed and you will see a difference in the dragon-- make sure he is hydrated -- the insects he eats need to be gut loaded meaning well fed w/ carrots or water crystals - crickets love carrots and they are a good hydration - you can drop water on his nose to see if he will lick it off but hydration is also key to them eating as well --- I would recommend switching him over to dubia roaches if you can -- they are a lot easier to keep than crickets and dubias tend not to give parasites / pinworms like crickets do -- they are healthier staple for them --
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Upgrading your lighting would be a good idea like Karrie suggested.

Just so you are aware in the future too, shedding does occasionally cause a lack of appetite. Along with relocation stress as mentioned above.

Good luck with your new guy! Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help more!

-Brandon

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":mmmaa57h said:
Ok so I would replace the coil -- and get a Reptisun 10.0 T8 or a T5- the T 8 would need to be changed out every 6 months and should be placed in the tank around 6-8 inches from basking area - the T 5 is a stronger bulb and should sit 10-12 inches from basking - basking spot should be 105-110 for a baby -- relocation stress will play a factor but like I said earlier he should not quit completely quit eating and shedding makes them grumpy and slow as well on eating -- the glass surfing is off too so I am wondering if that coil has something to do w/ it -- coils are harmful to their eyes not to mention other things that it causes --- get your lighting and temps fixed and you will see a difference in the dragon-- make sure he is hydrated -- the insects he eats need to be gut loaded meaning well fed w/ carrots or water crystals - crickets love carrots and they are a good hydration - you can drop water on his nose to see if he will lick it off but hydration is also key to them eating as well --- I would recommend switching him over to dubia roaches if you can -- they are a lot easier to keep than crickets and dubias tend not to give parasites / pinworms like crickets do -- they are healthier staple for them --
Karrie
I was planning to give him phoenix worms but they were out of stock so im using crickets right now

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":29s2jytd said:
Upgrading your lighting would be a good idea like Karrie suggested.

Just so you are aware in the future too, shedding does occasionally cause a lack of appetite. Along with relocation stress as mentioned above.

Good luck with your new guy! Let us know if you have any questions or if we can help more!

-Brandon
I'm giving him a bath right now and his feet shed is coming off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom