Bloody stool, clean fecal, not eating, extremely ill! Please help me

Abel-Dino

Beardie name(s)
Dino
My baby has had extremely foul smelling bloody stool. He is not eating and today looks nearly albino in color. He has been extremely lethargic for months. I initially thought that he was brumating, but that does nor make sense considering he is just over 14 months old and this began around 4 months ago. I took him to the veterinarian last Tuesday, 1week ago. He gave me critical care carnivore diet to feed as directed 3x daily. As well as 2 20min soaks in warm water per day for hydrating. He suspects that my Beattie has Metabolic bone disease. We ran a fecal and it came back clear. This veterinarian does not have any other answers for me, and recommended continuing the original treatment plan. I have attached photos of my bearded current state as of this morning. I am terrified that he is dying. I don't know what to do. Please, anyone help!
16933332220864472421454734556177.jpg
16933331327033204941360449058559.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
My baby has had extremely foul smelling bloody stool. He is not eating and today looks nearly albino in color. He has been extremely lethargic for months. I initially thought that he was brumating, but that does nor make sense considering he is just over 14 months old and this began around 4 months ago. I took him to the veterinarian last Tuesday, 1week ago. He gave me critical care carnivore diet to feed as directed 3x daily. As well as 2 20min soaks in warm water per day for hydrating. He suspects that my Beattie has Metabolic bone disease. We ran a fecal and it came back clear. This veterinarian does not have any other answers for me, and recommended continuing the original treatment plan. I have attached photos of my bearded current state as of this morning. I am terrified that he is dying. I don't know what to do. Please, anyone help! View attachment 83462 View attachment 83461
He does not look good -- what are the surface basking temps and how are you getting them? NO stickons they are inaccurate - please get a ceramic heat emitter for temps at night to around 80 - he needs the warmth to keep the immune system up -- your UVB what is it coil or a long tube fixture? where in the tank is it for a long tube fixture --

Abel-Dino

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dino
Thank you for replying. All the enclosure details w photos are on my profile. I've had it all reviewed and lighting checked and okayed by vet and highly reputable reptile store. I've been on the phone with 15 different clinics trying to find a reptile vet that can see him on non emergency OR emergency basis with no luck. I am desperate. I love him so much and I don't want him hurting. 101°Basking, 89° under UVB. I USE INFRARED LASER GUN THERMOMETER AND DIGITAL PROBES AT BOTH ENDS OF ENCLOSURE.
20230829_114556.jpg
20230829_114616.jpg
20230829_114547.jpg
20230829_114538.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Thank you for replying. All the enclosure details w photos are on my profile. I've had it all reviewed and lighting checked and okayed by vet and highly reputable reptile store. I've been on the phone with 15 different clinics trying to find a reptile vet that can see him on non emergency OR emergency basis with no luck. I am desperate. I love him so much and I don't want him hurting. 101°Basking, 89° under UVB. I USE INFRARED LASER GUN THERMOMETER AND DIGITAL PROBES AT BOTH ENDS OF ENCLOSURE. View attachment 83463 View attachment 83464 View attachment 83465 View attachment 83466
Ok how old is the uvb bulb? And do you have a piece of basking decor directly under the uvb 8-10.inches?

Abel-Dino

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Dino
My bulbs are both less than 3 months. It is not lighting or Temps. I have repeatedly had them checked.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
My bulbs are both less than 3 months. It is not lighting or Temps. I have repeatedly had them checked.
Your UVB you should be a 24 watt the 15 is pretty low I would change that bulb out to a 24 watt -- have you gotten a reading of the UVB rays from a solar meter?

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom