Not eating?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Hazel my beardie, has been hiding in her warm hide and not eating for about a week. I got her to eat 1-4 bsfl but that’s all. She refused the rest. Could she be brumating? She has normal poops and I got her in July and I believe she was about 2 months. I was able to get her to eat some salad but not many bugs. Should I start her transition to more salad then bugs? She is getting a 120 gallon this Christmas and has a reptisun 10.0 T5 24W uvb with a flukers 100W basking.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 42

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Hazel my beardie, has been hiding in her warm hide and not eating for about a week. I got her to eat 1-4 bsfl but that’s all. She refused the rest. Could she be brumating? She has normal poops and I got her in July and I believe she was about 2 months. I was able to get her to eat some salad but not many bugs. Should I start her transition to more salad then bugs? She is getting a 120 gallon this Christmas and has a reptisun 10.0 T5 24W uvb with a flukers 100W basking.
If she was brumating she would be sleeping all the time and hard to wake up- semi brumation is when they are sleeping for a week or so then coming out to bask and eat- its that time of year and shes at that age where they will slow down on their eating --- keep offering her salads and if she isnt interested in the insects you can always try a different type - is she only getting BSFL or are you feeding others?

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
If she was brumating she would be sleeping all the time and hard to wake up- semi brumation is when they are sleeping for a week or so then coming out to bask and eat- its that time of year and shes at that age where they will slow down on their eating --- keep offering her salads and if she isnt interested in the insects you can always try a different type - is she only getting BSFL or are you feeding others?
Only bsfl but since she’s getting older I’m going to start giving her different kinds!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Only bsfl but since she’s getting older I’m going to start giving her different kinds!
Yes shes probably tired of the BSFL -- introduce her to some dubia roaches --- www.dubiaroches.com
If she likes them your going to need to order a bunch as they shutdown come Jan or so --- I can give you more websites to get them - they are easier to care for if your interested let me know I can help you get them set up --

Hazelthebeardeddragon

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hazel
Yes shes probably tired of the BSFL -- introduce her to some dubia roaches --- www.dubiaroches.com
If she likes them your going to need to order a bunch as they shutdown come Jan or so --- I can give you more websites to get them - they are easier to care for if your interested let me know I can help you get them set up --
I used to feed them so I have a place to put them :) I just don’t like fast crawly things but Ill do what I gotta do

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, what a lucky girl, getting a HUGE new home for Christmas! I'm sure that she will love it,
too. Post pictures of your new setup once you get it all finished up for her.
I agree, they can get tired or bored of just one thing, so changing up some insects should help
out for her. She could also just be slowing down a bit due to cooler weather & shorter days, too.
She is beautiful, by the way.

Tracie

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom