DOES MY BEARDIE LOOK ILL TO YOU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Not really, maybe a bit sleepy. Is he/she acting O.K ? Eating + pooing ? One thing you might be concerned about, the uvb is quite a distance from her basking spot so he/she may not be getting near enough uvb.

Seb619

Original Poster
Im pretty sure its a male. He has been eating yes and he eats his greens. Poo looks normal nothing wet. He hasn't pooped today yet but I'm fairly confident it'll happen soon. I think it could be sleep and uvb light not close enough. Any suggestions on how to keep it at a safe but healthy distance?

Varalidaine

Juvie Member
Just get a higher basking spot item. You'll likely need a lower wattage heat lamp as well once your raise the basking platform. You can also look at ways to mount the UVB inside the tank. Your tank is so tall though, I would get higher items to provide more exercise and fun for the little bugger.

I encourage everyone to get their dragons tested for ADV (Adenovirus). You can get that done through here: http://www.thepats.info/sign_up.html

Tracey runs this project. Knowing the ADV status of your dragon will help you understand his needs in the future. Petco/PetSmart sources their reptiles from mills. They are severely abused there and our dragons would come in (I used to work at a Petco and a PetSmart) frequently with Yellow Fungus and Adenovirus. ADV is very common in dragons nowadays and it's important to their status as it will determine whether or not they can be around other dragons, potential life-span, and care needed down the line. Dragons that have it but live through adolescence will often suffer from liver and intestinal damage and the virus can spread to the brain and spinal column. So just know their status and take care of them accordingly.

I got my dragon from a well known and respected breeder and he even has ADV, so I give him supplemental slurries. I just like to throw it out there as increasing the understanding of ADV and making it a more prevalent issue is something very important to me. And my dragon would not be where he is today, health-wise, if I hadn't known he had ADV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom