Arcadia lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpy

Hatchling Member
Hi Karen
T8 is what you have in your viv ( my son & my friend have same kit)have 6"-8" from basking spot same as you have.
Needs changing every 6 months or so.

T5 is a higher output so you can have a bigger distance I believe 10"-12" from basking spot.
Needs changing every year or so.

So IMO what you have is good for the height of your viv.
I have been following your posts as I'm also from UK & i like your Rankins

Kay

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Sharpy":3gr4g2f3 said:
Hi Karen
T8 is what you have in your viv ( my son & my friend have same kit)have 6"-8" from basking spot same as you have.
Needs changing every 6 months or so.

T5 is a higher output so you can have a bigger distance I believe 10"-12" from basking spot.
Needs changing every year or so.

So IMO what you have is good for the height of your viv.
I have been following your posts as I'm also from UK & i like your Rankins

Kay
I'm getting ready to build a new beardie apartment building (a 3 bay beardie enclosure) as my two little beardies are coming up on their 1st BDs in a few weeks and I plan on upgrading the little ones from their 100L rearing tubs to full sized (4ft x 2ft) enclosures shortly after they turn 1 year old and as soon as I can build the 3 bay apartment building. Rex's old full sized tank will be mothballed until I have a need for another full sized tank as will the two 100L rearing tubs (again).

I'm going to be changing from 26W UVB200 compacts in NanoHoods to Arcadia 24W T5 12% Arcadia in Slimline hoods , Arcadia tell me my new 24W T5 12% UVB tubes are good for 12 months.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thank you and Hi Kay in the UK lol.

So when i swap lights i can get an arcadia t8 an that should be all good?

Realistically does anyone know roughly how long these dragons should be under a uvb light for per day minimum?

My bugger has taken to hiding again.
Lights came on yesterday at 6am an he was still behind the leaves at lunch time.
Im worrying hes not getting enough light.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They can take a while to get going in the morning sometimes. I would just leave him be. There isn't a set time for them to bask. If you have shade areas as well as higher temp & higher UVB areas available then he should be able to move around and get what he needs at a given time.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Sometimes i wonder if hes a bit special lol does he actually know what he needs? he sure is a lazy bugger

Im sure he would stay hidden all day somedays an thats not good is it? He doesnt seem to move around a lot but then saying that some days hes more active than others.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Some days they are more lazy than others. That gets even more common as they get older. He will move around and get what he needs.

You should get a Bugger sign for your tank too =)

76248-8383156387.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If the fixture is the same wattage and the distance between the caps is the same then it should fit universally. They aren't brand specific.

Karenxx67

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Thats so helpful. Thankyou. Now which arcadia do i need ? the uvb light is roughly 10 inches from the spot where he basks.

Does the arcadia t8 30w sound right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom