Broly the new super saiyan beardie

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Thank you! Im glad Eric was able to move in with his new friend! Well, girlfriend, right? Glad you like her, it's great when you like the girlfriend. I didn't think Rex's mother liked me anyway (she doesn't believe in social security because everyone in her family can work). We didn't break up because of her we never had fights or anything. Her and I had respect around each other.
Broly's pretty good we actually found turnip greens again (theyre hard to find). We mistook them for collard LOL dont ask how that happened Idk myself. Broly likes them as well as the collards and mustards. We give butternut, turnip and sage (once a week). Sage takes down parasites as well as basil. Hes been eating enough to BM without pumpkin so I stopped it. I weigh this Thu and let's hope over 478g! Hes gettin close to 500...but Broly he dont straighten out for me. I think hes 19 3/4" actually. I think 500 might be the limit and start letting him run around. I mean he dont gain too much just sitting around anyway. It's too cold to let him out and he doesn't like snuggling (it's a long process). Vash loved the snuggle and he wouldnt go to bed without it. Broly pfft he can care less he'll sleep either way.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So yeah..ANOTHER ROUND OF HIGH WINDS!! Ugh I want spring...no storms then. I am soooo done with these storms.
Hope we're lucky and dont lose power.

I went to my fiance's work...let's just call him husband huh?
Anyways, I went there and took a fresh sample..he BM'd before i left. I needed to get bromelain so I brought the BM.
They have a lab there so the test all parasites. Tom said theres a low number of them. So we're clear.

Hey Deb about the dress I dont like them but I'll be happy to show you us...I'll put a hat on Tom and he can look down LOL. Ooh a pic of us and Broly on his head LOL...no he'll hold him. In May, I will it's too rainy now. I can try for a dress I feel so exposed in one Idk why I never had bad exp with one. I guess Im more tomboyish than girl. I wear guy clothes believe it or not LOL. Tom's ok with that as long as Im comfortable.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Made it through! No outages.

Tom gave Broly his bath before vet school. So he said I have a story for you. I said ok. He said "Broly has a yellow vent"...I was literally gonna freak! I said you better be joking..and if you are youre dead! So we walk out to the kitchen where the tubs are (tubs for each dragon) and I lift Broly and I couldn't see it...I said this is a sick joke, Tom! After what I been through with Alucard you joke about YFungus! He said no no look. He takes a flashlight and shines it on his vent..clear as day pale yellow...I said is that? He said not likely as its very light you can't even see it without a light..so either stain or yellow natural color. Hes a reptile vet...he studies hard on YFungus. The last time he saw YF he didn't need a flashlight to see it. I said then why did you say anything I would have never noticed it. He said I think its really interesting you can relax thats NOT YFUNGUS! Hes got pale yellow all over the body so I suppose it wouldnt surprise me if he has more. I said "great well now I know it's there Im gonna watch it" he said "it may have been there just neither of us noticed it without a bright light just like when we check his beard." You can't see yellow on the beard either unless you shine a light just like his vent. I never ever checked his vent with a light because in normal lighting it looked fine. You can't see any yellow at all. He knows what hes talking about hes studied on reptiles and yf. You dont need a light to see it just normal lighting. He hasn't been in contact with ANY of Alucard's things or any dragons who are infected. Hes always been isolated and has not gone anywhere and I pick up BM's anytime hes done. So there's my freak out for the day..thanks Tom you bum. ??

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Saturday I was ill with gastroenteritis aka stomach bug.
I still did what I had to do. Tom was studying for his exam in May...I know it's a while yet but still has to study a lot when it comes to reptiles and illnesses. I let him study. I did all food prep with every animal I have. Fed the day geckos and our two beardies. I dumped in mealworms for our leos and they were happy. They usually come out at 8p so it's easy to feed them. I don't feed mealworms to the beardies ever! The leos dont get them much either, roaches mostly. Leos can BM so no worries. As for BMs Broly let out a monster! It was wet and had water with it. I know it's the food with high water content so looked messy. It'll clear up soon. Kane can hold water better so his was perfect. We had Kane checked for parasites (since it can be done at home) and he's got some coccidia so he's being treated. Steam clean the tank and furniture also got newspaper down for easy cleaning. We spray his vent too when he goes. Broly still healthy no bugs going haywire. Kane is still eating and gettin soy strawberry non dairy yogurt for probiotics. We'll check next week. We are not using Albon or whatever that is. So it should be less harsh and coccidia can go to a safer level. It was +5 so yeah...
Kane doesn't even know he's being treated LOL we stuff a roach with the meds. We stuff a roach with yogurt so again he doesn't know. Panacur thats the name LOL I almost forgot.
So apparently the yellow on Broly's vent is NOT yf at all it's totally natural color. It's so strange. Well thats all for now. Oh we have a third beardie we named her (yes female) Beerus (DBZ) who is completely malnourished by neglectful owners. MBD, parasites and underweight. She's 14 months and 100g and 16". She was 56g when we got her..she's getting better. Not skinny despite being neglected. She can walk instead of army crawl. I had Tom trim her crazy nails and she was chill. Parasites being treated and her BM doesn't smell or watery anymore. I'll weigh her tomorrow...she has her own scale, bath tub,tank and reptisun 10 t5 and halogen for basking. She's active and bobs the boys. Kane bobs back Broly could care less..strange huh? He's obviously chill even with a female. Im gonna go rest sorry for the wall of text...I gotta care for the babies in the morning, atm I am hanging with one of the male leo.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

So I meant toltrazuril for Kane's coccidia...Idk why I said panacur. I get meds names mixed up so Tom does it. We HAVE panacur just in case anyone gets worms. We use Vetericyn spray for the vent and steam clean the glass and bake wood and tiles at 230*.
Beerus is the same cook her stuff and steam glass. She's also better at walking and planning on giving her to a friend who researches like crazy and she lives like 3 houses down our street. However the bump in her left back leg is forever there... I'm sure Beerus won't mind the move once she's cleared of parasites.
Broly he's still a charm and eats like a horse. He's also ok no parasites since we got his GI better with them. I may up cal and vit to .3ml I'll ask the vet. He's taking .2ml ever since he was 300g. Vet said so but Tom knows since NOW Broly is 471g (he dropped 7g from all BMing last week). I know I shouldnt have Broly take .5ml because he's close to 500g. I wanna know your thoughts on that. I feel I'm giving too less of cal now and wonder if .3 is better. He's fine no new problems well his left back leg shakes from time to time. He can use it. He's not falling over or dragging it. If it's going to BECOME a new symptom I would like to stop it before it progresses. He's got reptisun 10.0 T5 and cal/vit soo it's weird to get a new symptom. Other than that a very healthy boy.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
The liquid calcium I use is Zilla Food Spray Liquid Calcium and I give .1ml per 100g, so for Broly it would be 4.7ml 3x a week. Because I only give them calcium twice a week, I always add an extra ml and it works out great for my crew. Imp got it 3x a week until he ws over a year old, now it's 2x a week like the rest, but he gets 5ml twice a week and it's worked out fine. He's on panacur and he takes Tracie's Reptophilus every day, 1 ml, helps his digestion. But he won't eat anything on his own and fights me for every bug or green. So when he's done the Panacur this week, I'll wait a month and take him to the vet, if I can afford it blood work and xray, too, just to see if there is any problem with his digestive system. His BMs are always good (except for the stinky when I got him on the Panacur) since he's taking the Reptophilus, but still I don't get the not eating anything without being force fed. He's so skinny for him length (19 1/2") and I don't think he's much over 400g.

Otherwise the others are fine and Gabriel is still trucking along.
And yes, Eric has moved in with his girlfriend and they have the kids on the weekends, so I visit. His car died a couple of weeks ago, can't afford to fix it, so we're sharing my car right now. At least on Friday he gets full pay again (he was off for 7 days with a really bad flu), so that will be much better and I won't have to help him. My brother (he's a home mechanic) wants to check out his vehicle to see what's actually wrong, so will call him tomorrow and tell him to call Eric's cell. Maybe it won't be too much to fix until Eric can get another one. We'll see.

Glad Broly's doing so well!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Ok 4.7 it is thank you! I use Zilla food spray too. I been using it since I took young Broly home. I didn't wanna chance the powder not being absorbed correctly. I didn't notice any leg shakes today well Saturday. Saturday was sunny but chilly so I let him in the window while it was closed. He got light but no actual UVB interaction because of the cold. Good thing he has a high quality bulb to make up for it. He was really happy about that at least..he got two hours out (house warm). He gets about 3 hours out in summer.
I'm glad for Eric and you too no screaming kids. Im sure my grandparents specially grandpa didn't like it! My siblings and I were screaming maniacs as kids. Im glad Gabriel is hanging in there. Good work Gabriel! Imp...sounds like Broly last summer when Broly was 1 and wouldnt eat anything well except bugs. Im glad Broly snapped out of that though.
Broly was watching this lady on her balcony painting and every time she neared the door Broly put his head down yet he was fine with her walking out. Oh another thing he does is EATS DRIED UP veggies/greens! He'll eat some fresh but leave it to dry then munch it..so I take it out and put in fresh and again the second bowl dries up!! Well at least he's eating salads. Going to syringe water if he keeps up this lovely thing he's doing. Im going to give pumpkin he hasn't BMd since Feb 20. He's about to come up on 7 days since. Oh well at least his weight is up but Im checking Mar 2.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Cierra has taken to pooping in her tank and then running through it, brat. None of them will eat greens unless I feed them and even then not many at a time. I'm hoping once spring gets here (we had hail and snow on Thursday night!) and it's still darned cold, they'll change their minds.

Today is a day off because of my back, so they'll all get run around the living room time, early. Bella's already making noise to go outside and it's only 8a, not even, so guess it's time to get dressed and let her out. I can't get over how COLD it still is and March around the corner. Will be glad to see regular temps up here finally.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

I'm with you on that! We got hail today and snow on Friday.
Sat was a great day too bad it was chilly. March is coming and it will still be winter. Broly's up at least so that's fun. He's not very interactive with me or other people. Im still tryin to get him to lay on me like old Vash but Broly isn't having any of that! So like my hamster, I let him choose what he wants and usually window. It's a fight to measure and weigh because he doesn't sit still for the scale or get measured. Some days he's too rowdy to do any of that. So I've taken to making sure he's cool to the touch so he's not so darn rowdy when it's time. I do put him back to warm up after. My ramp is up but no basking bulb for the hanging fixture.

My news: still cleaning my stoma (this used to be gross Im used to it now). Im tracking a package from Germany it's not important to have but since I LOVE werewolf stuff I bought a plushie of one. Im not tied up on money so why not right? I got money for vet and emergency visits then again Tom's a vet sooo I save a bit since he knows his stuff. I still pay for meds, fecals and overall exam. It's not $79 like my current vet was. It's $20 for exam, $16 fecal and $40 for meds so it's $76...that's Tom. Tom usually charges that much anyway so he's not making an exception for me. He doesn't charge thousands when I get $76 to pay. I go to his school for vet visits now since youre allowed to do that.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That's great that it's costing you less with Tom for the beardie vet visits. I have to take Imp to the vet in April for a fecal and checkup, he's awful when it comes to food of any sort, bugs or greens, fights me for everything he eats. Drives me nuts, he's so skinny!

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Aww Imp is skinny?! Oh no...hope he gains weight again.
Broly eats a ton of food, bugs or salads..which is usually one of staple greens with apple (1x), squash, sage, thyme or mint. Mostly the green is by itself been trying to find butternut and endive but the store hasnt changed them out yet. So yeah there's my problem there...I read on goitrogens..and all of the staple greens have them. I also read that a dragon with thyroid problems shouldnt have greens (not my case luckily). I read a healthy dragon also may take greens and not get problems with goiters (sp??). Im not saying it won't or cant happen. Sometimes I give variety even bugs eat these greens. I never thought of the goiters until recently (last week). I personally never dealt with those...Vash never ate greens. Broly is now 2 yo and does take salads. All I have right now is collards, sage, thyme and fruit...salad wise. I can throw in sage one day and thyme the next day and then one fruit in day after that. Dont want goiters and certainly wanna stay away from them. A friend had a dragon with a goiter he didnt live long after that he was 6 yo when he passed. He was diagnosed at age 5 too so it was a blow to lose him a year later. He was a cutie even with this bulge sticking out of his neck. He died about 6 years ago he would have been 12.

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Well after big BMs Sun and Tue hes now down to 464 and was 471 Feb 16. It's not bad it's 7g in two weeks like before. Hes just going to the bathroom and greens arent doing anything for weight. Butternut squash is still not changed. I gave a tablespoon of pumpkin that should bump weight as I already had a fecal check with getting enzymes that one day. Hes cleared. He eats a lot and I mean that but salads and bugs eating salads hes not getting weight gain if anything it's keeping him at a stable weight but I would like it to go up! The only time weight drops is because of a BM. Last week he didnt go for 6 days I should have weighed then. He also runs around and by looking you wouldnt know if he dropped weight he looks good. Not skinny just lean. You've all seen him! As a baby/juvie he had 3 bug feeds in 15 mins. 1 year he had 2 bug feeds 15 mins and a salad. I did it all appropriately, he just grew to be lean. I'll keep an eye and if I have to I'll run another $16 fecal.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sometimes they stay lean until they're over 2 years old, sometimes they just stay lean their whole lives, no matter what they eat. I'm just worried about Imp because he fights me for every bug I feed him and he won't eat any greens. So he's done his panacur treatments, so early April I'll take him in again for a fecal and if I can afford it a blood test & xray, or maybe just xray to see if anything is wrong with his digestive system. He had a bad start to life when I found him at the pet shop, maybe that's it. Maybe I should be giving him some mix but last time I gave him that he had the runs for a couple of days, so haven't given him any since. Even Gabriel is eating roaches, so he hasn't got any mix either, but he's doing well, except for that big belly. He gets his 1/2 hr in the living room and moves around well, belly doesn't even touch the floor, so that's good. The rest are all doing well, all got baths this am and drinking water by syringe, even Gabriel got water by syringe and hardly choked at all. I would just love to stay home with them all, this working is driving me nuts, such a long day, up at 7:30 to make sure dragon chores are done, walking Bella, then getting ready for work. I can't wait to retire, Dec 1/2020!! Not that far away, but still too far away.

Glad Broly is doing so well, glad your vet figured out the digestive enzyme issue. I'm hoping that's not what's wrong with Imp, but I've never had a dragon fight me on bugs so hard! You should see him, he twists and turns trying to get away from me. I have to hold him standing up, one hand across his chest, the other to get the bug in his mouth, then to make sure he doesn't spit it out. Every morning I go through the same thing, but he's worth it all :D

BlueDragon09

BD.org Addict
Original Poster
Hey,

Im sorry Imp is acting up when it's time to eat. It really does sound like Broly back in summer 2016. He ate less of everything in March 2016.. Then April he dropped 18g! I had to hand feed and get him to BM and take it to the vet. 18 wasnt bad he was kinda brumating his first year. The vet found the coccidia and pinworms (mostly these guys) causing a wreck. They weren't high but gettin there so we had to devise a plan. We did two doses of panacur stopped the worms in their tracks. They went down coccidia stayed low. We did more and more tests found out they messed up his GI so bad the stomach had no enzymes at all to digest and if it did..it was too low. Food came out undigested all the time he got no nutrients! We gave an enzyme tried that for a week. It made a difference he didnt need hand feedings or reptaboost or anything. Ate salads with pumpkin on top after a week of that we tried salad without pumpkin and devoured it still. Now he's 2 yo and no issues and I have to do enzyme every day and every 3 months (it's recommended now, he has an issue with pinworms starting up for no reason) to check fecals. My vet rather catch them early rather than rounds and rounds of parasitic meds. Im glad everyone is doing well! I hope Imp doesnt have Broly's issue..not only do I remember the enzyme but remember the days his cal or vit too (depending on what day). Oh and after pumpkin I picked him up (slightly didnt wanna ruin basking) and he felt heavy!! I gotta pick up those 7g and then another 7 from Feb 16 to get to 478g. I won't just give greens/veggies alone anymore if all else fails give pumpkin to boost weight though he may BM before being weighed. I think he spites the scale so he uses the bathroom LOL. Also got a new bag of butternut finally. I will add that to salads if it starts to smell like vinegar Idk why it does then use pumpkin. Gotta have one weight booster!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Imp seems to give big BMs day after eating but I'm going to ask my vet about enzymes, because maybe it's the same as with Broly, eating, BMs but not keeping much for himself. Thanks for the heads up, he gets pinworms often, too. I'll ask her when I take him in, being on short term for so long on reduced income didn't help me being able to get to the vet. Bella needs a check up, too, and nails clipped, so she'll come same time as Imp. We'll see what she says. Thanks, Kami, it's driving me nuts!

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skyfall350
Top Bottom