My Precioussses

Status
Not open for further replies.
I debated whether this belonged in the introduction's forum or this one but because we lost these two more than 4 years ago I decided it should probably be here as they aren't new beardies, just new to you all as I've never really shared them with you. These first two, Miss O (for orange) and Miss Y (for yellow) were best friends. I didn't realize until almost 2 or so years after we lost them that this is very unusual. You would have had to see them together to understand that they were talking to each other, usually a lot and every day.

I will share some pics of them with you
littlegirls3.jpg

Bill found Miss O hiding in this box inside of our living room and had to take a picture of her. Since the camera we were using at that time was a film camera, he took her and the box outside on our steps, which is probably why she looks a little annoyed.
MissOfoundherownhideaway.jpg

Here's Miss Y and her yellow/black chin
oc10004.jpg

Here they are enjoying Bill's Lamborghini
my11-002.jpg

Miss O liked to hide this way a lot, with her loving look. She knew we loved her and that was very important to her.
missOinflowers.jpg

Here's a pic of her chin, this pic looks like we took it at night, but we didn't
enjoyingthesun.jpg

We submitted this pic for the bd.org calendar some years ago. This is one we took that I never noticed until we sent this in for the calendar that they were talking to each other. In this one, Miss Y was saying "I don't feel good" and Miss O was saying "I know, and I'm sorry" Miss O was like that, she had to comfort. She needed someone to love her and to be loved, and comfort when she knew we needed it.
oc10008.jpg

I had better submit this before I delete what I've done, again.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
yes, again! She's been giving us strong and sometimes not so strong headbobs several times a day for most of this last week at least, maybe longer.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
So I'll send out the carnivore care and bee pollen to you this week. Should be able to get it out on Monday.

Eggs, again, at least they're infertile. Cierra is full of fertile eggs again, I'm so hoping this is her last clutch, probably lay them in two weeks.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
This is early because her birthday isn't until tomorrow but,

HAPPY 3RD BIRTHDAY, Lil Squirt!

Also, I've decided to celebrate Rosie's 7th birthday around the same time, So,

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY, ROSIE!

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
WOW Lil Squirt is already 3 years old? Time sure goes fast
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LIL SQUIRT

AND ROSIE IS 7! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROSIE

Hope you are both spoiled alot by your mom and dad :D

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Thank you, Gina. You actually posted that on their birthday, as I posted mine on the evening before as I knew I wouldn't have time this am to get it done, and possible would forget it.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
beardie parents":1ok6gu0k said:
Thank you, Gina. You actually posted that on their birthday, as I posted mine on the evening before as I knew I wouldn't have time this am to get it done, and possible would forget it.
I really need to start paying more attention, to everything. If I had read the time that you posted, and remembered that you're on the west coast, I would've known that you were still on Wednesday time.

Oh well. Hope they had a great birthday :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, I think so, but I was at work all day and I didn't leave until 5:30 pm our time (MST - means we are on pacific time for part of the year and Mountain time the other part).

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Guess who laid 18 eggs before I got home from work? Yes, it was Lil Squirt. I was beginning to worry that she was reabsorbing the eggs instead of laying them. I prayed for both of them (with God's help) at the Sunday evening service and it seemed to help. God is always there for those who believe in Him.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
She laid eggs again? Already?! It'd only been a few weeks since her last clutch!

Oh dear, hope she's not having one of those years like MoMo did last year (was it last year or the year before??) :silent:

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
As far as I'm concerned, she can stop laying eggs. This (third) clutch was laid two or three months after the 2nd clutch, which was about 5 weeks after the first. I hope this means she's about done this year. She's still asleep today, she has been waking up as soon as she hears us speak in the morning.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
It's been a couple of months since I've had a chance to update this thread. (too much time working then on facebook - not to mention the internet outages - long story)

Lil Squirt hasn't laid any eggs since the last time and I don't see any indications of her having any more. I am thankful for that. I do know brumation is at hand. Rosie slept for two days in a row this week and she's not awake yet but then it's only 9:45 am. Lil Squirt hasn't had any sleeping all day times yet. I hope she doesn't I have informed her that I don't want her to brumate because I'd miss her. She didn't brumate last year. Rosie didn't brumate until she was 3 years old, at least I think it was at that age for her. I know you all agree with me, we do NOT like brumation.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Lori. That's good that Lil Squirt hasn't laid anymore eggs, she has certainly laid a lot of them. Hope she's ALL done now.

No, do NOT like brumation at all. Maybe Rosie won't completely brumate this year or Lil Squirt either. I have been very fortunate that none of the beardies I've ever had never went to sleep for months and I sure hope these 3 don't either as I would be beside myself.

Sorry to hear about all of your internet outages, is everything straightened out now? I know what you mean about too much working and not much time spent here. I am guilty too and should really update my thread. :oops:

Time to start thinking about the 2016 calendar pictures too. This summer sure has gone fast!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Yes, every year summer goes by faster, or at least seems to. We just had Graduation yesterday (May 15, 2015) or so it seems. The college where I work only has one per year. We are now one month into the fall semester.

No, the internet outages aren't fixed yet. It seems to get worse when it rains and we are in the monsoon season. It was slowing down until Tropical Storm Keven (off of the Mexico coast in the Pacific) decided to give us another round of a lot of rain, mainly Thursday and Yesterday. They are supposed to come here and check it out again Tuesday. The last time they were here (somewhat over a week ago) they replaced something that needed it but I'm beginning to think that they need to replace a lot of wires because they seem to have more problems when it rains and we've gotten more rain then normal this year. All this started with a power outage on the Thursday the week before this last Thursday.

Rosie slept a couple of days in a row last spring (in the April/May range) which is a lot later than she used to sleep. She turned 7 last June and I'm wondering if her age had something to do with it. She's a lot calmer than she was and 3 and 4 years old. She only slept two days in a row in the last couple of weeks. I checked on her this morning and I saw her head up and her eyes opened so I took advantage of it and got her up. Lil Squirt had been up for a couple of hours by that time so I took them outside and sat in the sun with them until I started falling asleep sitting in a chair then I brought them in and put them in the window so they could look out (with their uvb bulbs over them and went to sleep. I just got back a little bit ago from town, I don't normally go to town on Saturday because it's about 15 miles away. I went because we had to have one tire on our car checked because it looked low and Bill couldn't get a reading on the pressure on that tire. I took it into our local Discount Tire store (they close at 5pm on Saturday and won't be opened until Tuesday next week because of Labor Day) and my schedule next week meant that if it wasn't today, it wouldn't happen for another week. They filled up that tire - they said the pressure was at 10 where it should be at 35. They suggested we make an appointment to have the tire checked as he couldn't find any leak in that tire. So we will go back next Saturday - or maybe I'll have Bill take it in on Friday and I'll drive the truck, we will have to see which is best for both of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom