help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found beardie flattened out and his stomach was white ...after i feed him he ran up on his rock and got color to his stomach again..what would have caused this

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
hehe sounds like he was basking. beardies like to flatten out while basking. When he was flat was he under the warm light? Beardies change their belly color. Stress can cuase a change in color among other things. What is your cage set up like? Can you post some pictures?

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
Hi there,
As Elora said if he was underneath his basking light this is completely normal.
They puff their bodies out to absorb the heat and relax.
We tend to refer to it as "the beardie pancake"

As to the belly colour being all white, white is actually the colour belly you want your beardie to have all the time.
A creamy white belly means a happy dragon ^_^
When your beardies belly has darker lines on his belly it is an indicator that your dragon is grumpy. Longterm lines can indicate health problems.

Do let us know about your set up but it sounds like you're worried because you have a healthy dragon! hehe

Holly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom