Lower end of tail darker then rest of body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today i noticed Natzu's tail was darker then the rest of her body and looks like its going on to the next set of scales here is a pic
108542-5143047646.jpg
could this be some tail rot due to the being stepped on

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The darker color itself looks normal. The photo is a bit to blurry to see if there is any damage. Do you see any open wounds or shriveling? That could be a sign of infection or damage, but the darker color on its own is not a cause for concern.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
vincentgiobbe":29s53p4k said:
there are no wounds but hard to tell where to check for shriveling

Usually toward the tip of the tail or in case of bites then near the wound itself. The tail will turn gray and really shrink a lot. The damage is usually pretty apparent.

vincentgiobbe

Original Poster
CooperDragon":34kyyfwn said:
vincentgiobbe":34kyyfwn said:
there are no wounds but hard to tell where to check for shriveling

Usually toward the tip of the tail or in case of bites then near the wound itself. The tail will turn gray and really shrink a lot. The damage is usually pretty apparent.
i dont see anything, but when she eats sometimes her head goes up and sometimes wont put it down for a couple minutes and keeps trying to eat the food with her head just flying up idk if its life threatening

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
If you could get a video of what she is doing it would be helpful. You can upload video to a host like vimeo or youtube and post a link here.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

How is the tail looking today? It appears to be pre-shed possibly, but since you had
mentioned there was some trauma involved it is possible it could be some type of
damage so I would keep an eye on the darkness of the end of the tail.

Tracie

vincentgiobbe

Original Poster
Drache613":1z08eoki said:
Hello,

How is the tail looking today? It appears to be pre-shed possibly, but since you had
mentioned there was some trauma involved it is possible it could be some type of
damage so I would keep an eye on the darkness of the end of the tail.

Tracie
she’s doing great the tails darkness has gone down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom