Something on my bearded dragons lip

Status
Not open for further replies.

khearr00

Just want to know if anyone has seen this and if I have to worrie I just noticed this tonight. It is a big bump on my bearded dragons lip. I will add a pic as soon as I can figure out how.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Aw , what a little cutie. :) I do see the bump....does he glass surf or rub his face against the glass much ? They can sometimes rub their face a little bit raw or get other slight trauma to the snout like that. You can put a dab of raw unpasteurized honey on it but you'd have to be sure there are no loose bugs at all hiding in the tank to go after beardie's face then. The sand will need to be taken out as well, it can stick to any wound and irritate it further.

If it gets worse at all, find a certified reptile vet to have a look at it. Be sure the vet is experienced with beardie's.

khearr00

Original Poster
Okay thank you, I had a little tub of sand for him to dig in. He don’t use it much so It won’t matter but he does run on the edges of the glass a lot so that defiantly could be it. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom