Need Serious Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanDoc

I tried to let my Beardies get together, but my older Bearded Dragon bit the younger one on his head. He's alive and breathing fine right now, but he isn't opening his eyes. Is there any input you guys can give me?

I don't know a lot about bearded dragons since i'm relatively new to owning one, but you should definitely keep a close eye on him. Have you checked his eyes for any possible wounds around them, also do they appear swollen? are the closed eyes the only issue? I've heard of some people on here using raw unpasteurized honey, but that's only on posts about injured eyes and wounds that could possibly get infected so i'm not too sure if it'll actually help in this situation. you can google about using raw unpasteurized honey on bearded dragon wounds for more information on it. Hopefully someone will reply to this thread with their information on it. Uploading some pictures of the injured bearded dragon and his/her enclosure could also help people identify issues. Sorry your bearded dragon is having an issue, at least it didn't turn out worse! :)

NathanDoc

Original Poster
He's doing better now, I'm sorry if this freaked anyone out. One of his eyes are swollen, but he's starting to act normal again

LewisBD

Hatchling Member
Also, make sure to keep your two beardies away from each other, they're solitary animals and that can lead to fights and possibly death if one beardie is way bigger than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom