Beardie hit head

Kyomuno

Beardie name(s)
Osiris
A friend has a beardie that was on a log in his enclosure and hit is head pretty hard 3 times(she said it looked like he was climbing down the log when it happened). He spent about 30 minutes breathing heavily and not opening his eyes. He has finally opened them, but now he is gagging and his color is dark. What could be going on and what can she do to help him? She did a Luke warm bath and that is what got him to open his eyes (same thing my vet had me do when my boy did a superman dive on to a concrete floor), but now he is back to where he was before the bath.

Attachments

• received_1265636614060571.mp4
    2.3 MB
  • received_1001966820984292.jpeg
    received_1001966820984292.jpeg
    122.3 KB · Views: 90
  • received_3349201442001840.jpeg
    received_3349201442001840.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 57

Kyomuno

Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Osiris
A friend has a beardie that was on a log in his enclosure and hit is head pretty hard 3 times(she said it looked like he was climbing down the log when it happened). He spent about 30 minutes breathing heavily and not opening his eyes. He has finally opened them, but now he is gagging and his color is dark. What could be going on and what can she do to help him? She did a Luke warm bath and that is what got him to open his eyes (same thing my vet had me do when my boy did a superman dive on to a concrete floor), but now he is back to where he was before the bath.
Sadly this little guy passed away. He passed in his mother's arms knowing he was loved 😞

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
Pass our condolences along please 😔😔

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Oh no, I am so sorry that he passed away.:cry:
I am not sure what could have happened but it sounds like he may have had some other
type of issue going on. It is a horrible experience to have to go through the loss of your
beardie.

Tracie

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mangomom
Top Bottom