hi im from texarkana ar

Status
Not open for further replies.

james1989

dont have a breardie yet but im going to build my cage 1st and set up bio active 1st befor i buy one btw my name is james and nice to be on the forums

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
It is good to see you are doing your homework and, doing prep work before you actually pick up your new master "I mean Dragon", you will make great slave "I mean Owner", lol!
Welcome aboard!

james1989

Original Poster
been looking at light the compact uvb lights look good also seems to be not the boogie man like some of the 2006 posts about them any more

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The UVB200 26w (not 13w) is an OK option for small tanks and close range. Their output is similar to a T8 bulb. I really prefer the output of T5 lighting. They last longer, have better reach, and much better output. Certainly worth the investment in my opinion. http://www.lightyourreptiles.com/22-t-5-ho-fixture-high-output-with-arcadia-d3-12-ho-bulb/ I also advise using/building a nice big tank so there is plenty of space for climbing and you can produce a nice big gradient of heat and light.

james1989

Original Poster
im going to build a cage for my future dragon its going to be 17 or 20 inc high and 4 ft long and 2ft wide but i can figure out the lighting i was going to do the ceramic house light sockets 3 of them 1 for basking 1 for the che and 1 for ambeit and the of corse a uvb fluorescent but will that work or will it be to high or what? so no go on compact fluorescent are they still the bad boogie man of thos years past

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They aren't a boogie man from what I can tell but the quality varies greatly between brands so I'd stick with the UVB200 26w. The T5 with a reflector can produce adequate UVB for a large tank. Just be sure to build up the basking area in the form of a nice wide branch or rock or similar so there is an area that gets within 12'' of the bulb.

james1989

Original Poster
you would think the fl light fixtures where cheap ill i have found is 20$ ones and walmart dont even cary them any more its all led lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good lighting equipment does cost quite a bit, but it also lasts for a long time so it's a good investment in the long run.

james1989

Original Poster
well im just kinda frustrated cause im on a buget i mean its probly be a month before i get my new bearedy becuase im also going to do bioactive and im thinking of a dubia roach farm 2 so thats why im thinking of going to just a creamic light ficture bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
23parkera
Top Bottom