Help with cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juce23

I was just wondering what was safe to clean my beardies enclosure with.. It has ceramic tile for substrate.. A mixture of water and bleach of some kind to kill any germs?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
A handheld steam cleaner is effective and won't leave chemical residues. Quaternary Ammonium products are excellent too - they are effective against many germs (including coccidia) and are used by vets. I like F10 but there are a couple other brands (zoomed wipe out! Comes to mind). Some need to be rinsed others don't so check the label.

bleach is usually effective (except against coccidia) but requires lots of rinsing to remove fumes. Some people use vinegar for daily cleaning but While its good against some bacteria I don't think it's effective against parasites.

Juce23

Original Poster
Thank you.. I wanted something that was safe for spot cleaning(poop & pee) that would be safe.. I will check out those products

guyprotection

Taterbug":1usdbzoa said:
A handheld steam cleaner is effective and won't leave chemical residues. Quaternary Ammonium products are excellent too - they are effective against many germs (including coccidia) and are used by vets. I like F10 but there are a couple other brands (zoomed wipe out! Comes to mind). Some need to be rinsed others don't so check the label.

bleach is usually effective (except against coccidia) but requires lots of rinsing to remove fumes. Some people use vinegar for daily cleaning but While its good against some bacteria I don't think it's effective against parasites.

thanks for the post

That is exactly what I was looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom