Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Another development happened with Callie tonight!

After eating dinner and getting some scratches (standing up and lying down), she suddenly realized that her house was sitting on the other side of the shed. She stared at it for a few seconds, then I asked her if she wanted to go check it out. I told her that if she wanted to go inside, it'd be ok. Well, low and behold, she slowly walked over, stood in front of it, sniffed the entry, and walked inside. But that's not the development part, because she'd walked inside her house before. I waited to see her immediately turn around and walk out, but instead of doing that, she made one full circle and lay down, with the tips of her paws resting on the doorway. She looked so cute and so comfy!

Of course, I wanted to document this with a photo, so I told Callie that I was going back inside the house and that I'd see her later. By the time I walked up to the kitchen and looked out the window (a mere 2 minutes), I was just in time to see her walk out of her house :(

Maybe she'll go back in later and actually sleep there.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Now that is a big development, you can't take it as a negative but a positive. She laid down in her house, so there's a good chance that she'll eventually take it on as her own. At least you're getting snuggles with her again.

I have some news, if all goes well Sabrina is giving me her male 9 mo old dragon. I'm sorting out the shipping with Reptile Express, if it all pans out, he'll be shipped on June 9 and I'll have him on June 11! Here's a picture
11887-7501399456.jpg

Please cross your fingers that it all goes well! I knew Puff would send me a dragon when the time was right :love5:

Here's hoping that Callie decides her house under the deck is better than where she's living now :D

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I'm sure this is purely coincidental, but I'm starting to believe that Callie understands every word that I say to her.

When I saw her Wednesday night, I had asked her if she'd let me grab her, put her into a carrier, and take her to the vet to have her foot checked out on either Friday or Saturday. Well, guess who didn't show up all day Friday nor Saturday? And guess who showed up Sunday night totally famished?

smiley2908.gif

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Try telling her the next time that you will visit the vet the next day to fix her leg. Tell her what time you need her there. Perhaps, like a child, she needs to be told rather than asked?

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Oh my, she knows what vet means. Tell her you're going for a visit instead, see if she surfaces. Hopefully that will happen soon so you can get her toe looked at. Wouldn't want it to get badly infected.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I really want to take her to the vet and have her foot checked out, because she's still limping and hobbling around. I again tried to see if there's anything obvious that I can see without having to touch her, but I can't see a darn thing. I don't even see anything in between her toes nor on the foot pads.

Time for some beardie news. Ever since I came home from my mini vacation a month ago, both Gianna and MoMo had been acting like they're each other's worst enemy. They go into massive head bobbings, black beardings, and foot stompings, not to mention flying across the couch to attack the other. I don't know if it's because I had all three girls in one tank (when Gianna's used to having her own house and MoMo only had to share hers with Digi) while they were at my parents' for a week, but they honestly can't stand each other's presence anymore :( It really makes me sad because they used to get along great.

Neither MoMo nor Digi had been showing any signs of producing eggs. Both had been eating and pooping normally.
I had been wondering if Digi decided that, after having two fertile clutches and having her daughter here, she was done with eggs for good, which it would be perfectly fine with me.
MoMo had a few weeks where her butt was very swollen and she was pacing like a mad woman, wanting to go outside, but then it passed and she'd been normal again.

Pookie had been more mellow lately, where he even allowed Gianna to sit with him in front of the living room window for an entire day (supervised, of course).

Squirt is still just Squirt :laughing6:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Sorry to hear about Gianna and MoMo, hopefully that will pass and they'll get along again.

I'm glad Pookie is more mellow and had a day out with his daughter. I love how your dragons usually get along so well. There was a time when Gianna and Pookie didn't get along at all, remember, so maybe Gianna and MoMo will follow that & mellow down again.

It would be great if you could get Callie to the vet, I'll be hoping that happens before the winter comes back again.

And I got Castiel's weight. He's 373g. He'll be 10 mo old on July 1.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Gianna was just being a hormonal teenager during the spring, and even her Daddy didn't know what to do with her. The looks that he would give me sometimes were hysterical.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Callie went into her house after dinner tonight! Not only did she stay inside for more than 5 minutes, but she also kneaded the mat (definite sign that she's comfortable), groomed herself for nearly 10 minutes, then lay down and started to doze off, while I squatted about 15 feet away watching her. After watching her body get flatter and flatter and her eyes stayed closed for longer, I said my good night and walked back onto the deck to clean up the birds' messes. I periodically checked over to the shed to see if Callie was still inside her house, and to my delight, she was. When I was all done cleaning up (about a half hour later), I looked over one last time and she was still inside.

I hope she'll stay in her house all night and no longer walk over to her old stomping ground, wherever that is. We'll see the next time Zim needs to go potty.

All it took for her to stay in her house was to wash the mat and wipe down the entire inside, to rid of anyone else's smells :roll:

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Yay! It will be so much more safe and comfortable at your house. And if she signs a long term lease, you won't have to worry about her any more. :blob8:

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Unfortunately, by the time we went outside again after 10pm, she was no longer inside her house :(

Given that it was her first time sleeping in there, perhaps she's still trying to get used to being "out in the open" and not hiding in the woods (or wherever she goes).

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I saw a brand spanking new cat tonight!

Just as I was walking back into the house after cleaning up the birds'/squirrels' mess on the deck, I saw a very light-colored, pointy-eared figure sitting at the edge of the woods and my side yard. I immediately put the bird feeder down and slowly walked over to the edge of the deck. To my surprise, it was a light gray/tan (from what I was able to decipher in dimmed lighting) domestic short-haired cat. It sat there looking at me for awhile, and I think it sort of lost interest in me because it started to doze off while sitting up. Of course, me being me, I asked the cat where it came from and where its home was. Because it kept looking towards the back of my yard, I figured that it lived in one of the houses behind me. I told the cat that it should go on home since it's late, and again, it looked towards the backyard. Then, it stood up and started walking, still focused on something in the back direction. As it reached about half way, it dawned on me what it was so focused on -- Callie's house! Being a little protective of Callie, I told that cat that it couldn't go into that house because it's Callie's, and she wouldn't appreciate someone else's smell inside her house. The cat looked back at me, then back at Callie's house. At that point, I said, "You need to ask Callie if it's ok that you go inside.", and called out towards the woods for the hopes that Callie was still around (I had just left her at the entrance of the woods no more than 15 minutes ago). When I turned back to the newcomer, I saw that it had moved even closer to Callie's house, about 20 feet, and still intently staring at it. I again tried to dissuade it from entering her house, and this time, it worked. The newcomer turned around and headed towards me. I honestly thought that it was going to come up on the deck, but instead, it walked under and across to the other side, where it jumped up onto the neighbor's yard.

I have no idea where this cat came from or how old it is. Neither of its ears were cropped, so it must be someone's new outdoor cat (I will never understand why anyone would get a cat just to let it roam free outside).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meli
Top Bottom