Pookie's Minions - Pookie's Gone ☹

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Saw Callie across the street about 20 minutes ago. She only stayed for about 10 minutes. By the time I came back into the living room (was in process of making breakfast), she was already gone.

I miss her so much :(

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I think Callie had sent out a cat-equivalent of an APB that my house is the place to go for birds and anything else.

Over a half hour ago, I just happened to look out the kitchen window to see if I needed to refill the bird feeder. Instead of seeing birds and/or squirrels, I saw a black cat walking across the deck, from where the feeders are to the sliding glass door. I waited a few seconds to see if it would reappear, or if I'd hear commotion from Zim downstairs, but neither occurred. I decided to go downstairs and investigate. To my surprise, Zim was sound asleep in his crate and the black cat was no longer by the sliding glass door. At this point, I figured that I might as well go and fill the feeders since I'm already downstairs, and to also check out if the cat was looming around somewhere else; it wasn't.

Instead of seeing Callie again, I saw someone new (well, not all that new since I had seen this black cat during a snow storm, walking down the street to the construction trailer).

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Gee, I wonder if Callie isn't coming close because that black cat has been hanging around? I guess a lot to consider.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
No, Esther, Callie isn't tending to kittens because she had been spayed. Her left ear is cropped, and that's a sign that she'd been fixed then released back to the wild (TNR - "Trap, Neuter, Release", a program that NJ oblige by).

The black cat was in the backyard again today. I had gone out to tend to the feeders and when I opened the back door, it was running across the backyard towards the brush at the far end.

I didn't see Callie at all today. It was misting and drizzling all day long, and she doesn't come out in the rain.

I wish I knew why Callie isn't coming to my house. It truly is very upsetting.

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
I can sure understand why you're upset, you were getting along so well. Hopefully she'll decide to visit you again very soon. Do you think the black cat is preventing her from visiting?

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
I have no idea if the black cat is the reason why Callie hasn't made it across the street to my house. I would think not, since I had seen her days before the black cat showed up.

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
It's my silly goose's birthday today!!

2015_04-04d.jpg

I bought him a box of gourmet cookies and dog's equivalent of fig newtons, and a rawhide bone. It took me nearly an hour to get this and 4 other photos of him. He hates having his picture taken :roll:

sweetiepie9

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
That is a great picture of him, though. Wow 13 years young! Time just goes so fast!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YOU BEAUTIFUL PUPPY, AND MANY, MANY MORE

HUGS AND HUGS AND HUGS FROM DEB, CIERRA, NATHANIEL, GABRIEL, PUFF, LEO, ROCCO AND BUNNY!

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
Original Poster
Thanks for the birthday wish, Deb and Lori!

I saw the black cat again today. He(?) was scampering off to the woods when Zim and I went outside earlier. So now it's a daily thing with this cat, just like how Callie was visiting in the beginning.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Happy Birthday Zim. You sure look great for 13 yrs young. Such a handsome guy and a great picture too. What nice presents you received. :)

If this weather ever stays nice for a few days, bet Callie will come & see you more often. Are you feeding the black cat or not yet?

Ferrel cats are done the exact same way here, the trapping, neutering, trimming the ear, etc. My mom had 3 taken care of and now they are back in her trailer park where she continues tending to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mysticsalten
Top Bottom