BEARDED WONT EAT GREENS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ltd3399

my beardie is 1 year old but she only will eat super worms.(I'm swithcing to Phoenix worms).need some tricks for her to eat greens . tried many but no luck. Any help is appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At 1 year old the transition should just be starting. What is her weight and length at the moment? If she still has some growing to do, then regular bugs may still be needed. Otherwise I would just keep offering a variety of salad items and hold off on bugs until she digs in. She may still be a bit young for that though so a bug meal every day or every other day is probably still appropriate now.

Ltd3399

Original Poster
Ok thanks .I dont have a weight bit she is chunckyand and is around 15 inches and is female

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks like she's pretty big in those photos. I'd probably stop offering supers as they are somewhat unhealthy in regular doses. Try offering a nice big salad every day for a couple of weeks and see if she starts to dig in. Offer a variety and see if you can find something she likes. Hand feeding veges sometimes helps too so I'd give that a shot. This is a good list to reference for ideas http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html but I'd pick things out based more on what looks freshest at the store & what you have available to you.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
if he is a worm addict - try offering medium and large silkworms …. see viewtopic.php?f=76&t=234999&start=15 , mulberry leaves are extremely nutritious and as high Ca/P as collard greens.

alternatively , feed those greens to crickets/roaches/locusts and make sure they a very well gutloaded then use the insects to feed beardie …. greens in disguise.

Ltd3399

Original Poster
Thank you for everyone feed back. Its just hard watching her not eat . but I Have to be good bearded dragon owner and wait for her to eat greens when she gets hungry enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom