where to place UVB light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Umm... what kind of UVB do you have?
Is 85 his hottest basking spot?
How far away from the top of your cage is the place where he tends to hang out.

ryanhayes96

Original Poster
its a ESU reptile Slimline. 85 is not the basking spot, teh basking spot it about 105 degrees. The other side where he sits is about 12 inches but he can climb all the way up his wood to get about 5 to 6 inches from teh mesh covering, should I place it ther?

zimbabwepegasus

Extreme Poster
Umm... okay.
It's a flourescent tube so you want your beardie to be somewhere btwn 6-10 inches from it. Absolutely no closer than 4 inches and absolutely no further than 12 inches. That's the range where UVB will actually reach the beardie.

Placement's sorta a pain because you want the bulb to be hitting somewhere the beardie likes to be- I think you and your little mite need to have a chat about his hang out spots! :D

Second thing... if you can return that bulb, do so. ESU's aren't great products (their UVB output is quite inconsistent) and I could only find the slimline in a 7.0 bulb and a stronger UVB would be a lot better.

For the next time round, pick up a reptisun 10.0. It is hands down the best flourescent tube available and is only $20 online. It should still fit in your ESU fixture. If not, adequate fixtures are quite cheap at Home Depot.

Hope this helps!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dangky4gviettel
Top Bottom