Zsa Zsa arrived today!!!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
I am so in love with this lil girl already. As soon as she warmed up she tried to get to the bag of crickets, when she couldn't she was checking me out, then she was trying to see where we were going. Got her home and she immediately started exploring, i gave her a few bugs in a bowl, she attacked them in seconds. This lil girl is BOLD she checks us out right back when we are checking her out. She isn't at all skittish. She'd a very sassy girl.
This is going to be a great journey with this one i think.🙂

Attachments

• 20240416_113238.jpg
    20240416_113238.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 20240416_102717.jpg
    20240416_102717.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240416_113148.jpg
    20240416_113148.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240416_112206.jpg
    20240416_112206.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_9041(1).jpg
    IMG_9041(1).jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 734999229.jpg
    734999229.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 734994772.jpg
    734994772.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 32
  • 734999489.jpg
    734999489.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 734999015.jpg
    734999015.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 734990795.jpg
    734990795.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 31

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
So adorable, was already waiting for photos :)
My Taco was skittish in the beginning - bold at the reptile store, but once at home... of the type "slowly sliding behind the basking spot branch". I guess your Zsa Zsa will be and stay the extravert type :) (Mine grew into the not longer shy, but very introvert type of "look, sleep a night about it, then maybe try it out - or give it another day" :D)

Btw.: also nice setup for the little one. (Would be great if the stones and branches would be growing with them, or? ;) )

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So adorable, was already waiting for photos :)
My Taco was skittish in the beginning - bold at the reptile store, but once at home... of the type "slowly sliding behind the basking spot branch". I guess your Zsa Zsa will be and stay the extravert type :) (Mine grew into the not longer shy, but very introvert type of "look, sleep a night about it, then maybe try it out - or give it another day" :D)

Btw.: also nice setup for the little one. (Would be great if the stones and branches would be growing with them, or? ;) )
Oh they will, that is a 36x18x18 that i had Ruby in. (Ruby is a rescue that was paralyzed when we got her) I kept Ruby in the smaller tank because she still struggles a bit and can't be allowed to try to climb. But i decided to move Ruby into a 4x2 and keep the decore low. So the baby got the 36x18. (I ended up having to sanitize 2 instead of 1 and ran out of time) I have a TON of decor options, and Zsa Zsa loves to climb so in the next few weeks I'll probably try a few different designs. I have another 4x2 for when she is bigger.

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@xp29
I didn't worry regarding you not having something appropriate when she gets bigger :)

It was just that this piece of wood fits her so (so!) well, and when she's bigger it won't, of course. And so for fun I thought it would be nice if it would just automatically grow with them :D Was thinking of when my Taco was so small he was able to sit inside the leaf of an aloe plant, and now this plant now looks compared to my big boy :D
Sometimes when I switched out decor (what is too small, I use either around plants or for some small setups with insects, I keep Madagascar hissing roaches and might buy more pet insects, but for sure not another reptile) I just thought: This one did fit nicely, if it would just grow ;)

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
So cute!!! Just curious, what made you choose the name? (or did she come with it) Along with my beardie, I own 4 Caique parrots (two white bellied and two black headed) (They stay seperted of course) My female Black headed (Now named Ephia) was previously owned, and her owner had named her Zsa Zsa.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
@xp29
I didn't worry regarding you not having something appropriate when she gets bigger :)

It was just that this piece of wood fits her so (so!) well, and when she's bigger it won't, of course. And so for fun I thought it would be nice if it would just automatically grow with them :D Was thinking of when my Taco was so small he was able to sit inside the leaf of an aloe plant, and now this plant now looks compared to my big boy :D
Sometimes when I switched out decor (what is too small, I use either around plants or for some small setups with insects, I keep Madagascar hissing roaches and might buy more pet insects, but for sure not another reptile) I just thought: This one did fit nicely, if it would just grow ;)
I wish it would scake up in size as they grow to. Thats why i collected all the driftwood, it's impossible to buy stuff for bigger reptiles, all the stores cater to small ones.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
So cute!!! Just curious, what made you choose the name? (or did she come with it) Along with my beardie, I own 4 Caique parrots (two white bellied and two black headed) (They stay seperted of course) My female Black headed (Now named Ephia) was previously owned, and her owner had named her Zsa Zsa.
My male is Sinatra named for Frank Sinatra so i looked up women he dated. Zsa Zsa Gabore (spelling) was top of the list so Zsa Zsa buglore it is 😁 (her previous name from the breeder was Keeley, which happened to be the name of one of my characters back when i played EverQuest)

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
I wish it would scake up in size as they grow to. Thats why i collected all the driftwood, it's impossible to buy stuff for bigger reptiles, all the stores cater to small ones.
Yep. I also collect driftwood for that reason*, and stones from the desert. The stores indeed usually have just the small ones. (Like the wood used for typical aquariums.) The reptile shop where I got Taco from also has no equipment for larger reptiles. The owners keep some reptiles (one has a blue-tongued skink and a bearded dragon, the other one has a bearded dragon who is a "brother" of my Taco as he's from the second clutch) and they also collect stones and wood, and order other things (like the lamps) from somewhere else.

With the big branch in the enclosure, however, I was lucky:
Reptile equipment in general is super hard to get here, owing a reptile is unusual (when I showed photos to people at work they asked me if I really "you have THAT at home?!"), but I went to an aquarium store that has stuff for large aquariums and where the owner also keeps some huge aquariums for himself. They cut the 1.5 m I wanted from a 3 (!) meter piece! Looked to me like they had ordered a huge amount of those wood and it was a "shelf-stopper" so they sold it me quite cheap (for what let's say would be 10 USD).
But all the other things, wood and stones (and sand) for the enclosure as well as just newly a branch where he can sit on in the living room, I collected and continue to do so.

*And I just love driftwood and stones, honestly. What doesn't fit as it's too small but has a nice shape, I use it in planters and for crafts.

@IAmMirage
When I was younger I had parakeets :) I love all kinds of parrots. When I was younger my big dream was getting a blue-fronted amazon from a shelter once I'm an adult, but I realized that not being a good idea for a couple of reasons.

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Wow, so many photos! She is beautiful! I congratulate you on the addition of your scaly family.
It's cool that she is so brave and eats bugs without any problems from the very first minute. Just don’t forget to offer greens, and you yourself know that better than me. ;)
Congratulate Zsa Zsa from me on her first gotcha day! :love:🎉🎉

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
Isn't first gotcha day a year after, like first birthday is the day turning 1 year old and not the day of the actual birth?

But nevertheless: I congratulate Zsa Zsa for having found a good home, like all dragons should 🦎 Have fun and a great friendship together!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Wow, so many photos! She is beautiful! I congratulate you on the addition of your scaly family.
It's cool that she is so brave and eats bugs without any problems from the very first minute. Just don’t forget to offer greens, and you yourself know that better than me. ;)
She plowed into her greens this morning, she got full and was slower on the bugs 😁

NickAVD

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Foxy
Isn't first gotcha day a year after, like first birthday is the day turning 1 year old and not the day of the actual birth?

But nevertheless: I congratulate Zsa Zsa for having found a good home, like all dragons should 🦎 Have fun and a great friendship together!
Maybe you're right. Let it be ZERO gotcha day then.
I just really wanted to congratulate little Zsa Zsa on her new home :love:

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
like them being shrimps and lobster :D 🦞

Reminds me of when my husband ate a really big shrimp while Taco watched him curiously, and half seriously, half for fun, asked whether Taco might think as soon he's grown up and sooo big he also could eat these :D
Okay, these are your bugs once you are human-size :D

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SherlockMommy
Top Bottom