Zsa Zsa arrived today!!!!!!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
She is so small, but she already manages her human so skillfully!
It's seem like this will be the most spoiled dragon in your family. :D
And this is very good!
Oh she will be, Christina is bonkers for her already.

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
@IAmMirage
When I was younger I had parakeets :) I love all kinds of parrots. When I was younger my big dream was getting a blue-fronted amazon from a shelter once I'm an adult, but I realized that not being a good idea for a couple of reasons.
Wow! Thats awesome! We had our birds before we got my sweet boy. We try to keep them seperated as best as possible, and so far its worked. They had a run in when I brought him up for a bath and they escaped their cages, but it was all good! Nobody got hurt and nobody seemed bothered!

ChileanTaco

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Taco
@IAmAMirage
The parakeets were about 20 years before the bearded dragon :) But if they had met each other, I also would have kept them separate.
The blue-fronted amazon, I never had one as I realized that it just doesn't work well: They are noisy (I'm noise sensitive), they bond extremely strong with their human (I'm often away 1 - 2 weeks for work), the space they need and how cost-intensive they are (for sure this would have been not suitable for a college student... at least not for a "typical" college student living in a small room and having to make ends meet).

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
My male is Sinatra named for Frank Sinatra so i looked up women he dated. Zsa Zsa Gabore (spelling) was top of the list so Zsa Zsa buglore it is 😁 (her previous name from the breeder was Keeley, which happened to be the name of one of my characters back when i played EverQuest)
Ahh ok, that makes sense! Cool names! Love the thought behind the names! I must confess, I didn't name my little guy (his name is Mirage) my younger brother did. I wanted to name him Qibli (A dragon from the Wings of Fire book seiries that lives in the desert) but it got shut down lol

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
@IAmAMirage
The parakeets were about 20 years before the bearded dragon :) But if they had met each other, I also would have kept them separate.
The blue-fronted amazon, I never had one as I realized that it just doesn't work well: They are noisy (I'm noise sensitive), they bond extremely strong with their human (I'm often away 1 - 2 weeks for work), the space they need and how cost-intensive they are (for sure this would have been not suitable for a college student... at least not for a "typical" college student living in a small room and having to make ends meet).
Understandable, owning parrots is a lot of work.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Ahh ok, that makes sense! Cool names! Love the thought behind the names! I must confess, I didn't name my little guy (his name is Mirage) my younger brother did. I wanted to name him Qibli (A dragon from the Wings of Fire book seiries that lives in the desert) but it got shut down lol
My first choice for Sinatra was Atlas, but got shut down also. My girlfriend wanted to call him Casanova but I put my foot down, we settled on Sinatra lol.

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
My first choice for Sinatra was Atlas, but got shut down also. My girlfriend wanted to call him Casanova but I put my foot down, we settled on Sinatra lol.
Names are important! I was a little upset at first, but Mirage is totally the right name for him. When we first got him his name was Smaug, but it didn't seem to fit. Mirage does though! He's a speedy little guy, sometimes I have to remind myself he's not a figment of my imagination lol

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Names are important! I was a little upset at first, but Mirage is totally the right name for him. When we first got him his name was Smaug, but it didn't seem to fit. Mirage does though! He's a speedy little guy, sometimes I have to remind myself he's not a figment of my imagination lol
I like Mirage a lot actually. I could see myself naming a beardie that 🙂

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
I like Mirage a lot actually. I could see myself naming a beardie that 🙂
Well thank you! I see that you have quite a few beardies. Zen, Ruby, Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra, and of course the queen Zsa Zsa lol. All of the names are wonderful! They must be very lucky to have such a loving owner! :D

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Well thank you! I see that you have quite a few beardies. Zen, Ruby, Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra, and of course the queen Zsa Zsa lol. All of the names are wonderful! They must be very lucky to have such a loving owner! :D
I do love them, but I've lost a few recently. Two to sickness and 1 to a freak accident. I haven't talked about her on here yet, it still to painful. We came home and found her wedged between a piece of decor, I have no idea how she even got there, but we were to late finding her. So now I just have 3.

IAmAMirage

Beardie name(s)
Mirage
I do love them, but I've lost a few recently. Two to sickness and 1 to a freak accident. I haven't talked about her on here yet, it still to painful. We came home and found her wedged between a piece of decor, I have no idea how she even got there, but we were to late finding her. So now I just have 3.
Awe...
I'm so sorry. I can't imagine losing a beardie. Sending prayers. 😢🙏

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoonBug
Top Bottom