Zoo med's can o crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

360waves123

Hatchling Member
if you ever tried the can o crickets by zoo meds how do you know if the crickets are moldy ? i bought it and it came today and it smelled kind of bad heres a picture do you think there moldy
2ewhyzk.jpg

ILoveLemmonade

Hatchling Member
I really can't tell you if they're moldy but I can tell you that I personally wouldn't feed those crickets to anything. They look gross :( but that's just me.

icelore

Juvie Member
As long as they were sealed, they're not moldy. They're pressure cooked and sealed in the can, and when you open them, they don't look very good at all. lol It's normal.

Kriechtier

They should not have mold on them, but they do smell little.
Having said that, I am, correction: my dragon is a BIG fan of them. I have been feeding them regularly and my beardie grew like crazy. Keep in mind I also dust them with vitamins and calcium and feed always a good variety of staple vegetables and fruits, as well as the occasional live feeder, such as silks etc..
If nothing else it is a good emergency food, also I prefer to freeze unused as that avoids any spoilage.

AllysonM

I hate those "Can O' ..." anything. They smell bad normally, whether they've gone bad or not. My beardie won't eat any of them either. Looks at me like I'm stupid lol. They're basically packed in their own "juices". :puke:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stump5150!
Top Bottom