Zen Habitat

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about buying this enclosure..Great price and looks really nice..Does anyone have it set up? I would love to see pictures.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I just bought one --- I am in the process of getting tile situated as I need to get it cut to fit the tank-- right now I have some pieces in there and paper towels- the floor is a little slippery so I have that in there for traction-- holds heat really good --- so far I like it and there is plenty of room for Hiccup - I will post pics when I get it done

Karrie

Justin1026

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3tao3izj said:
I just bought one --- I am in the process of getting tile situated as I need to get it cut to fit the tank-- right now I have some pieces in there and paper towels- the floor is a little slippery so I have that in there for traction-- holds heat really good --- so far I like it and there is plenty of room for Hiccup - I will post pics when I get it done

Karrie
Thanks Karrie...Can i ask what wattage basking bulb your using and what size uvb? I have the arcadia t5 in the zoo med fixture in my current 40 gallon but wasn't sure if it would be long enough..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Basking bulb is a Exo Terra 100 watt same bulb I used for my 50 gal - tank holds heat well - it is sitting on top of screen and the UVB is a 24" Zoo Med hood w/ a Arcadia 14% T5 - I need to higher it to like 10 inches - right now its 6" -- and Tracie said it should be higher--
Karrie

fubardad

KarrieRee":3iupv7sk said:
Basking bulb is a Exo Terra 100 watt same bulb I used for my 50 gal - tank holds heat well - it is sitting on top of screen and the UVB is a 24" Zoo Med hood w/ a Arcadia 14% T5 - I need to higher it to like 10 inches - right now its 6" -- and Tracie said it should be higher--
Karrie
Im curious if you think the 24" zoo med + T5 bulb covers enough or do you think getting a 36" would fit better? I do understand you are moving equipment from one tank to another but just curious about your initial thoughts if a 36" would fit better or not?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have the 24" now in the tank -- its up to you-- to me it covers plenty of space for him -- it covers about half the tank--- if you put the 36" in it would cover probably about 3/4 of the tank I am guessing-
Karrie

Justin1026

Original Poster
KarrieRee":60f91fb8 said:
I have the 24" now in the tank -- its up to you-- to me it covers plenty of space for him -- it covers about half the tank--- if you put the 36" in it would cover probably about 3/4 of the tank I am guessing-
Karrie
I would love to be able to use the uvb fixture i have now..I paid a good bit for it..The arcadia bulb isn't out until june..If it covers half it seems like it should be ok..How did you hook the fixture? Thanks

Justin1026

Original Poster
fubardad":1dztphoi said:
KarrieRee":1dztphoi said:
Karrie
Im curious if you think the 24" zoo med + T5 bulb covers enough or do you think getting a 36" would fit better? I do understand you are moving equipment from one tank to another but just curious about your initial thoughts if a 36" would fit better or not?
Do you mean 10 inches from the dragon? I need all the help i can get too..LOL

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
T5 should be about 12'' from the main basking area. A little closer if it's shining through a mesh top since that intercepts a bit. Which fixture do you have? The ZooMed ReptiSun Hood? As long as you get a bulb that is a T5 and the same length, the brand doesn't matter. Arcadia and ReptiSun are interchangeable in the same fixtures.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have it mounted inside the tank hanging from about the middle- he has a his platform that sits under it and a log type thing he can climb on-- I am going to raise it -- yes from the dragon-- as it sits right now he is too close to it-- cuz the platform is high --

Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I have got his tank set up and it looks bland- I have been looking for some sort of plants to put in there and a long hammock- not getting any luck on this stuff -- if anyone has any in put I would appreciate it

Karrie

97951-2715037363.jpg
97951-1112913592.jpg
[
97951-280659046.jpg
97951-2736174925.jpg

fubardad

@KarrieRee... Out of curiosity, where did you get the stand? Someone mentioned finding a stand at HomeDepot that fits the tank but that stand looks awesome!

In regards to your tank, I think it looks great but maybe Im more of a minimalist. IMO, I think putting a larger branch that can cover 1/2 the tank and also go toward the top would complete what you are looking for? At least in my own theory, it would look aesthetically pleasing and it would fill in the bottom and top of the tank. So, your BD can climb up if needed vs stay near the basking area on a lower part of the branch.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That was me--- about the stand- I knew the old dresser I had the 50 gal was going to be too short so I went on line and found this one at Home Depot - its a Ameriwood 50-75 gal aquarium stand - its made out of press wood so its heavy but they shipped free and for what I am using it for its great-- it was $200-- I will try and find something like plan or wood / vine I only looked at Petco yesterday I need to go into Pet Smart and see if they have anything -- I looked on line and it is so hard to see exactly what they are etc............

Karrie

fubardad

The bottom 2 pics are the same piece of branch that I found at PetsMart but the top pic is a "ghostwood" (I bought it at my local Pet Store that specializes in reptiles) that is 30" in length and about 18" height if I were to put it upside down in comparison to the pic. It raises about a 30 degree angle so I think it would be a nice middle to corner piece in the tank?
102544-8472484881.jpg
But I really dig the aquarium stand. According to Home Depot its 30.31H x 50W x 19.61D which practically covers everything except for the depth. But the 4" should be fine if its against a wall! Especially thinking that the outlet plug will be behind so it will need to be away from the wall anyways! Thank you for your pic! I copied you on the tank and I might copy you on the stand too!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beardiemomg
Top Bottom