Ambassador Zen

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Zen , Ruby ,Snicker Doodles, Sweet Pea, Sinatra
So last night I had Zen outside. The neighbors kids rode by on their bikes. The little girl (6ish) nearly crashed trying to look at him. Her mom and boyfriend were setting on the sidewalk in the folding camping chairs watching the kids play on thier bikes. I could see her peeking around her mom still watching Zen. When my company left I walked over and asked if she would like to pet him. I've never seen a little kid light up so much. After a minute the mom asked if she could hold him. Zen for his part was loving the extra attention. The little girl ran off, after a minute she came back dragging her little camping chair. She asked to hold Zen also. She loved on him and talked to him. It was getting to be dusky dark, Zen climded under her chin and wiggled in. That little girl laughed with absolute glee.
Her bother has been asking for a puppy, but it turns out the little girl is allergic to them. I explaned that reptiles are great for people with allergies. When I left the little girl was begging her mom for a beardie. I heard her promise to do chores, eat all her food, do good at school. It was a riot lol. I did go back to tell the mother a little about their care and that I would be happy to help her get a habitat set up properly. I kindda suspect I'll be back over there soon doing just that lol. It's amazing to watch the nervousness turn to wonder when someone gets to interact with a beardie. That has to be one of my FAVORITE aspects of keeping them!

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie
So last night I had Zen outside. The neighbors kids rode by on their bikes. The little girl (6ish) nearly crashed trying to look at him. Her mom and boyfriend were setting on the sidewalk in the folding camping chairs watching the kids play on thier bikes. I could see her peeking around her mom still watching Zen. When my company left I walked over and asked if she would like to pet him. I've never seen a little kid light up so much. After a minute the mom asked if she could hold him. Zen for his part was loving the extra attention. The little girl ran off, after a minute she came back dragging her little camping chair. She asked to hold Zen also. She loved on him and talked to him. It was getting to be dusky dark, Zen climded under her chin and wiggled in. That little girl laughed with absolute glee.
Her bother has been asking for a puppy, but it turns out the little girl is allergic to them. I explaned that reptiles are great for people with allergies. When I left the little girl was begging her mom for a beardie. I heard her promise to do chores, eat all her food, do good at school. It was a riot lol. I did go back to tell the mother a little about their care and that I would be happy to help her get a habitat set up properly. I kindda suspect I'll be back over there soon doing just that lol. It's amazing to watch the nervousness turn to wonder when someone gets to interact with a beardie. That has to be one of my FAVORITE aspects of keeping them!
I remembered when I introduced Hazel to my mom's daycare all the parents came in like "Now they want a Bearded dragon" it's adorable when kids beg for things especially a bearded dragon.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I remembered when I introduced Hazel to my mom's daycare all the parents came in like "Now they want a Bearded dragon" it's adorable when kids beg for things especially a bearded dragon.
Yup, also once they interact with them. Thry will never be afraid of them in the future.

SkittlesK

Juvie Member
Beardie name(s)
Kamo
I'd like to go to the park and set up for my cat...
Kamo The Dragon is still half asleep; So I can't be with him right now.

I'm kind of waiting for him, it's almost 3 mos.

So I could bring the cat out there this summer and set up and bring him a toy/bring me something to do sedentarily.
That's a good idea though. I'd do a tent with my Dragon & he could be chilling out in the sun. :blob8: :blob8:

Hazel_Basil10

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Hazel my female two year old beardie

So I could bring the cat out there this summer and set up and bring him a toy/bring me something to do sedentarily.
That's a good idea though. I'd do a tent with my Dragon & he could be chilling out in the sun. :blob8: :blob8:
My baby has been half sleep for a month now and it's kinda sad because I normally bring her out everyday for one-two hours.

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)

That sounds like a good day 😌

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
I love this story. My mother would totally say, "No but you can visit our neighbor as many times as you want" LOL

Isn't it also funny how our wants make us promise the world away LOL I love it.
Keep us posted, I am curious as to if her mother will give in LOL

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
I love this story. My mother would totally say, "No but you can visit our neighbor as many times as you want" LOL

Isn't it also funny how our wants make us promise the world away LOL I love it.
Keep us posted, I am curious as to if her mother will give in LOL
Me as well, I haven't seen them back outside, but when i do I'll take Ruby (if she is awake) or Sweet Pea out and stir the pot a little lmao. I think if she gets to hold Ruby the mom will have to give in 😉

Rocky2022

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Rocky, Ruby
Me as well, I haven't seen them back outside, but when i do I'll take Ruby (if she is awake) or Sweet Pea out and stir the pot a little lmao. I think if she gets to hold Ruby the mom will have to give in 😉
You know I am yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO not Ruby!!!" It's game over at that point!

xp29

BD.org Addict
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
You know I am yelling, "NOOOOOOOOOOOO not Ruby!!!" It's game over at that point!
I'm routing forcthe little girl to get one. She was SO gentle with Zen, it really surprised me for her age.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom