You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
You ask your dragon why she couldn't wait until AFTER finals to come out of brumation :lol: . I know, I know, I'm a horrible mommy.

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
....when, after a long day at work, you come home to your husband and, instead of kissing him, you steal your beardies from him because you haven't seen them all day.

spurlee01

BD.org Addict
When you drive an hour and a half to your boyfriend's apartment for the first time in weeks then run straight past him to see his beardie (my first scaly love).

ajkry2

Gray-bearded Member
YKYLWBW... you have a ziplock baggie full of shed tails, arms and bodys and you have a ziplock tupperware specifially for bugs. yummmmm

I swear I have 1 tupperware for calcium, 1 for multivits, and a sandwich baggie full of shed skin. I don't know why I save it, but I do. Maybe I'll make beardieskin shoes or something :lol:

gizmo17

Hatchling Member
when you wake up to the most foul smell only to find out your beardie left a present beardie in your bed :puke: :shock:

hammerhead

Juvie Member
...you you purchase item at the grocery store thinking that the containers would make good feeding bowls for the beardies, crickets or dubias with a little modification.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
YKYLWBW you see a little black hair sticking out of your beardie's mouth, so you gently tug on it.... and your dragon opens its mouth and you manage to pull out a whole cricket from your scaley one's beard. :shock: Darn antennae! Sure freaked me out! MoMo ate it right back up, though, and this time, she swallowed the antennae....

Jacqui

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
When your mother comes up behind you and starts to pet your neck, cooing and telling you not to move because Dora looks like she's hugging you in her sleep... :wink: I mean seriously, LOOK at this!

Photo35.jpg

ghr15

Sub-Adult Member
Saccharidicule":bddf9 said:
When your mother comes up behind you and starts to pet your neck, cooing and telling you not to move because Dora looks like she's hugging you in her sleep... :wink: I mean seriously, LOOK at this!

Photo35.jpg

I love it. Can I have him?

Doesj

Hatchling Member
YKYLWBW your not-so-keen-on-reptiles girlfriend comes home from work, completely ignores you and goes "how's our little baby doing" while running for Daku's tank.

YKYLWBW that same gf no longer insists on you spending the evening with her as long as she can cuddle your beardie to sleep

YKYLWBW instead of roaches multiplying extremely fast, their numbers have diminished from 100+ adults (300+ total) to 0 adults and 200 small ones in just under 2 months

YKYLWBW your co-workers/friends ask you what all the scratches on your arms are and you reply with "my baby didn't want to bathe yesterday..." (right-arm count is currently at 25 scratches which all have little scabs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!
is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miss_michelle421
Top Bottom