You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
fresnowitte":8d25d said:
Now...Now...Haley! He did say "funtime" where you took it from there is all in your hands missy. :wink:

Poor, poor Haley....she takes all the flack from us old people :lol: (and I don't want to hear any comments such as "Who are you calling old?!" or "Speak for yourself!")
RichGarner":8d25d said:
I should have mentioned that "fun time" is when we play Dungeons & Dragons and we use homemade props to act it out.

Yeah.

That's it.

Good answer, Rich! :wink: :lol:

Twobeardieguy

BD.org Sicko

Your in the sauna at the gym thinking hmmmmm now that sauna wood would make a great background in your viv!!!

Freeie

Extreme Poster
When your so busy taking care of them you dont have time to come to BD.ORG *crys*

When you spend 5 to 6 hours setting up your new superworm farm!

Delshara

Hatchling Member
When your friends at work ask you in casual conversation "How's your baby?", except that they're not talking about a human baby, and everyone in the conversation knows it and accepts it like it's no big deal. Then you answer, "Oh, he's fine, except that he doesn't like his crickets anymore".

athenacp

Extreme Poster
you get an IM from your hubby at home saying "We got worms" and you say out loud in your office, "Yeah we got worms now the baby can eat, woohoo!" and your coworkers look at you like you're from another planet :lol:

***On a side note kudos to Mulberry Farms, love their service!!!

Neromom39

Gray-bearded Member
athenacp":d5ee5 said:
you get an IM from your hubby at home saying "We got worms" and you say out loud in your office, "Yeah we got worms now the baby can eat, woohoo!" and your coworkers look at you like you're from another planet :lol:

***On a side note kudos to Mulberry Farms, love their service!!!

The guy who owns Mulberry Farms is super nice. We see him every two weeks or so to pick up our order and end up hanging around to chat for a bit (I soooo love living close enough that I don't have to pay for shipping :mrgreen: )

You turn down "Happy Hour" with co-workers because it interferes with feedings and baths.

dna14

Sub-Adult Member
Freeie":877da said:
When your so busy taking care of them you dont have time to come to BD.ORG *crys*

When you spend 5 to 6 hours setting up your new superworm farm!
Christy, you got it!! You're awesome. We tried silkworms. Got the eggs at the end of the year from the teacher and.......................................................................................................................................................................................nothing. We give up and salute you, Christy, Mulberry, Phoenixworms.com, anyone who can raise their own...

I know I'm LWB b/c I got my internet hooked back up today after over a month and can u guess which website I came to first even before sending my new e-new e-mail add 2 friends & family??? :mrgreen:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
You get out your dad's camera and fill up the rest of the memory card b/c someone on your rescue's thread asked if there were any more pictures of the little ones!

More pics on Gem's thread, at least. :mrgreen:

Jacqui

kevindeeley12

Juvie Member
you know you're living with beardies when...

you walk by smaller rocks and wonder how you could stack them in your beardies enclosure.

you have more crickets in your house then in your yard.

you are encouraged to bring insects into your house instead of getting rid of them.

sittser

Hatchling Member
kevindeeley12":5fcb3 said:
you know you're living with beardies when...

you walk by smaller rocks and wonder how you could stack them in your beardies enclosure.

you have more crickets in your house then in your yard.

you are encouraged to bring insects into your house instead of getting rid of them.

i here you on that one. ynylwbw you wake up every morning and your dragon is giveing you the stink eye :shock:

you keep your vegetable garden organic so you can feed 'em the bugs that hide in the lettuce, and half of the apple you munching on has been diced and is sitting in a lizard's food bowl.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko

The cat(Beefy) that's been outside laying in the sun for hours decides to come in and the
hubby asks him if he is done basking.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When you are on the verge of sleep at 5am on Thursday and you jump out of bed (hitting your head on the top bunk *ow*), scaring the crap out of one of the snakes who was wandering around her cage, and you run to the computer panting "must...place...cricket...order..." :lol: Flukers doesn't ship past noon on Thursday and I can't guarantee I would be up by noon. :lol:

(These darn beardies... always in my head, even my subconscious...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

is tape safe for fixing something in my leopard geckos hide?
Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J.sobrero
Top Bottom