You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

haleygirl272

Sub-Adult Member
Goonie, I love your new sig!

I talk all the time at school about my baby and people are like :shock: Then I have to specify "bearded dragon" lol

Then they go :? "Lizard. :| "

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
haleygirl272":83872 said:
Goonie, I love your new sig!
Thanks!

. . . You get mad at your 6 year old puppy for not saying hello to your beardie and giving him a kiss.

Stac561

You're on BD.org so often you no longer have to copy and paste the list of rundown questions for someone to answer, you just automatically hit paste and they're still there because you never leave the forums. :D

TheDragonKeepers

Sub-Adult Member
... Your housemates automatically check the floor before entering a room.

... There are no ornaments other than comfy rocks on the windowsill any more.

... You're not surprised to see a beardie bobbing at you from the top of the stairs. When their tanks are downstairs.

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
...When nobody in the house will take a bath without asking you if you disinfected it after Budo. Yes, my family still thinks of beardies as dangerous germ carriers. Whatever Budo touches must be thoroughly disinfected. Boy, I'm glad we (Budo and I) have our own room!

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Jasper's Mom":7a246 said:
... your coworkers call you "The Lizard Lady".

I understand Sandi, the lady that gave us Speedy calles me the Lizard Lady. Speedy is the fifth beardie we've had and Zoom Zoom is the sixth.

dolcedragon

Sub-Adult Member
herpfreak":f685c said:
...When nobody in the house will take a bath without asking you if you disinfected it after Budo.
:lol: I know right! Before I bought my "beardie masters" their own tub, I used the human bathtub and I would get asked, "Did you clean it yet? No I mean really clean it good?"
Because they're such disgusting creatures right. :roll:

herpfreak

Gray-bearded Member
dolcedragon":02168 said:
herpfreak":02168 said:
...When nobody in the house will take a bath without asking you if you disinfected it after Budo.
:lol: I know right! Before I bought my "beardie masters" their own tub, I used the human bathtub and I would get asked, "Did you clean it yet? No I mean really clean it good?"
Sounds like my house! If there is a speck of brown matter in the tub, Budo and me get blamed.

Menolly

Juvie Member
herpfreak":7aa57 said:
dolcedragon":7aa57 said:
herpfreak":7aa57 said:
Sounds like my house! If there is a speck of brown matter in the tub, Budo and me get blamed.

I know!!! Every time I open the door after bath time, there is the Lysol sitting right outside the door... :roll:

LuvMyHerps

Hatchling Member
When your friends and family refer to you as Mrs. Doolittle...or The lizard lover :p
OR You spend $6.00 on a half pint of fresh raspberries and threathen your family if they dare touch them...they are for the lizard!

Ethelia

Extreme Poster
...when you ask for salad with your chilli in the university dining hall, get handed it back and think "no good. no nutrition in iceberg". Then realising you are not a bearded dragon.....

Menolly

Juvie Member
...when you realize your mom starts cooing in a high pitched voice saying....ahhh aren't you just the cutest thing...and you realize she isn't talking to you...but the dragon she just stole from your lap...
...when your beardie has a household takeover of love..
Mom: I'm so happy that I have my four kids.
Sister (with a very confused look): Mom...there is only three of us...
Mom: No....I have you, your sister, your brother, and my favorite Raely-buddy(it sounds better then it looks)...while
wearing this look on her face :love5:
I have officially been replaced in my mother's heart :( ....

Goonie

BD.org Sicko
Retired Moderator
. . . you start calling your other babies your beardie's name, and don't always realize it :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peapthis
Top Bottom