You know you're living with beardies when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thought we could start identifying things around the house that indicate a house full of beardies, i.e. You know you're living with beardies when...
while barefoot, you step on a thorn. When you remove it, it's actually a shedded beardie scale!

Crickets sing from all corners WITHIN the house!

Your refrigerator is full of worms and this is a very good thing, not a sign for a serious cleaning job!

I know there are many more ways that show others we are doing things a little bit differently! So, how do you know you're living with beardies?
:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8: :blob5:

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Came up with a few more...
...When your best friend comes over, and while trying to sleep asks 'Dosent that noise ever bother you?' Me 'what noise?'
...Your mom see's a peice of dried grass on the floor and asks 'Is that a worm?'
...You see a stray Cricket, and your friend squeels and jumps away and you lean foward trying not to squish it so your beardie can have a mid-afternoon snack
...Your at the pet store and a lady walking by gasps and jumps back a little. YOU give them a weird look, then they ask 'What is THAT?' you respond 'um....wha- OHHH, its a bearded dragon' '....um....ok....*They quicky walk away*
...You are very exited and when someone asks why, you respond with something to do with Feeders/pooping

RolandKyramere

Sub-Adult Member
YKYLWBW... You want to get rid of the crickets in your house in favor of roaches.
You have elaborate travel set ups in order to bring your family with you on vacations.
Your terrariums keep your room warmer than your heater does.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
.... you see a big stack of presents for you under the tree, and you eye up the biggest one, wondering if it could hold a vivarium.
.... you also eye up the other presents, trying to find something beardie-related that could fit inside.
.... you get a new digital camera for Christmas, and it's already full of pics and vids of your dragons.
.... you get a popcorn machine for Christmas, and you immediately consult the Nutrition Guide to see if beardies can eat plain hull-less popcorn.
.... you excuse yourself from playing the new Wii, muttering something about worms.

:roll: Sigh.

Jacqui

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
jacqui778":4cd90 said:
.... you get a popcorn machine for Christmas, and you immediately consult the Nutrition Guide to see if beardies can eat plain hull-less popcorn.

Can they? :p

YKYLWBW you accidentally visit the neighbors with one on your shoulder, not having realized that it'd hopped up there. :oops: I had to deliver a gift to our friends next door, and the woman that answered the door hadn't ever seen Dora before. She was like "what is THAT?" and I had no idea what she was talk about. :lol: I ran home soooo quickly-- didn't want my little girl to get too cold.

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Saccharidicule":7bb9d said:
jacqui778":7bb9d said:

Can they? :p

Doesn't say, and I'd rather not try myself. :mrgreen: Wish they could. The girls didn't really get much for Christmas except for extra snuggles and the irritation that comes from getting your picture taken over.... and over.... and over.... and over.... and over....

Jacqui

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
UHG!!! I know right....I hate getting my pic taken, but take tons of my girls!!

And i'v got one

YKYLWBW: The normal 13 yr-old girls at your school look at you weird when you say something about cuddling a dragon.....

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
CrystalReptile":7ff90 said:
UHG!!! I know right....I hate getting my pic taken, but take tons of my girls!!

And i'v got one

YKYLWBW: The normal 13 yr-old girls at your school look at you weird when you say something about cuddling a dragon.....

I CAN SO RELATE TO THAT! I actually don't even talk to the other girls at school, because I have nothing non-beardie or non-Lord of the Rings to say to them. Is that wrong?
I'll find some fellow reptile-lovers at high school.... you'll see.... :twisted:

Jacqui

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Nah, i dont even talk to them half the time!!! (and ps, i love lord of the rings!!) I'v kinda given up on them!! Only a few of my friends know about my 'being a slave' and actually either dont really care enough about reptiles to take any notice or tolerate it. i'v yet to find a fellow beardie slave! Your not alone out there :D

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
You're still in middle school, Jaqui? It's tough there, but things get better. :wink: high school is where you can meet people that have more common interests. Reptiles, for instance! For some reason, being the girl with the lizard is icky in middle school, but earns you cool cred in high school. :roll: Until they actually meet the pet with you present....then you become just another girl that obsesses about her "cuddly-wuddly little baby." :lol: My friends were happy for me when I bought my first beardie, and were sad for me when he died so young; but when I bought and wouldn't shut up about Dora they kind of lost all patience. :p

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
Saccharidicule":2867b said:
You're still in middle school, Jaqui?

Yep.... halfway through my 8th grade year.... bit glad I'm not in high school yet, really, because I'll be taking Geometry. :shock: Doesn't sound fun.

Jacqui

Saccharidicule

Hatchling Member
Aw, geometry's not so bad. Thanks to geometry I was able to design a fantastic viv! Now to build it... Good thing my younger broher is in tech. ed. :p

CrystalReptile

Hatchling Member
Blech, more math!!! Im takeing algebra a year early (in my 8th grade yr) and im not really looking foward to harder math. :? Oh well.

and ykylwbw.... the highlight of your day is seeing your beardie. :love5:

jacqui778

Sub-Adult Member
CrystalReptile":419c7 said:
Blech, more math!!! Im takeing algebra a year early (in my 8th grade yr) and im not really looking foward to harder math. :? Oh well.

My situation EXACTLY. Algebra is fun and all, and I'm O.K. at it, and I'm the only one in my class that gets it.... but Geometry.... I dunno.... I hear the high school teacher isn't very good at explaining things. Worried I might not "get it".
ANYWAY back on topic.

YKYLWBW you're at a parent's friend's Christmas party and you look so bored they offer to let you use the computer, and you immediately check BD.org to see if anyone posted since you visited last. :wink:
I must be pretty addicted to BD.org to visit this site before FaceBook. :roll:

Jacqui

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwe6634ee1
Top Bottom