You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
SHBailey":za4i8y4k said:
:shock: I've heard of lovesick beardies trying to mate with inappropriate objects, but trying to do it with a real live reptile of a different species could be downright dangerous. How does the tortoise react?

The one about having a houseful of lizards and bugs ( :lol: ) reminded me of what I used to say when our little snake was still alive: "You know your really into reptiles when your ice cube trays are in the cupboard and the compartment in the freezer where they belong is full of frozen mice instead of ice cubes."

Nowadays it's Repashy Grub Pie in the freezer and collard greens in the fridge, and still no ice cubes. There's really not much use for ice in Alaska in the wintertime anyway. :wink:

Lol!! that's Hilarious! :lol: :lol: As for my friends Box turtle, He just kept on walking :lol: . But what really cracks me up was that Thor was trying to chase after, head bob at, and mate with a MALE turtle. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
I would suppose that turtle pheromones speak a foreign language as far as bearded dragons are concerned, so unless you catch him doing the same thing with male beardies, it's probably a little too soon to conclude that Thor is gay. :wink:

Good thing the turtle doesn't react. Most turtles are pretty good at that. After all, they can just hide from everything inside their shell if they need to.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
Lol, I sure hope not. Although he is right now on my bed running around in circles Bobbing his head, Because My other two beardies (both female) are on opposite sides of my room, and my bed is in between them, So Thor is very confused on which girl to bob at. :roll: :lol:

..and You Know your a Beardie owner when Thor has claimed your favorite shoes as his own bed. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Ok, it sounds like he's definitely heterosexual then. So you're likely to have a bunch of fertile eggs on your hands soon, if you ever leave him alone with the girls. I'd keep an eye on them if I were you, just in case they get too carried away -- I suppose that it's possible for a beardie sex orgy involving one male and two females to result in injuries...

Ya gotta love springtime. :mrgreen:

And I hate to say it, but you just might have to find yourself another pair of favorite shoes. Hormonal male beardies can probably get pretty territorial about whatever they've claimed as their "bed", if you know what I mean... :wink:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol,

Yeah, Yesterday Thor slithered up my shoulder, and Was head bobbing at nothing for no apparent reason, When all of the sudden he bit my ear and tried mating with my shoulder. :shock: Even when he's semi-Paralysed from the waist down, He still tries. :roll:

It's Official. Spring is here. :lol:

Thankfully now his new "bed" is an old sock of mine. Much better than my shoes. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

Lorilyn

Hatchling Member
You know your a Beardie owner when the weatherman calls for over 18" of snow in the next 2 days and everyone is buying out the milk and bread and your rushing to the store to buy crickets and roaches!

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lorilyn":de94gfd9 said:
You know your a Beardie owner when the weatherman calls for over 18" of snow in the next 2 days and everyone is buying out the milk and bread and your rushing to the store to buy crickets and roaches!
So true!! :lol: :lol:

...When you go to a public event and you have to be reminded five times to not give out random info about bearded dragons to random people (Might have done that a few times :mrgreen:).

-HippieLizards.

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
...When you go to a public event and you have to be reminded five times to not give out random info about bearded dragons to random people (Might have done that a few times :mrgreen:).

-HippieLizards.[/quote]

Oh my, this is so me! My beardie always comes up in conversations I have with people....and the checkout people always have to know that all these greens are not for me, but for my dragon!! ? Some people take an interest, while others look at you like you’re crazy. ?

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
When we first got our beardie, my husband had a lot of fun telling everyone that we had a pet "dragon." Like you say, some would ask questions and others would look at us like we were crazy, and I'd have to explain that the dragon is only 18 inches long (and half of that is tail), does not breathe fire, etc. One time someone asked my husband, "What color is your dragon?" Golden, in more ways then one, considering all the $$ we've spent on him. :roll:

And BTW, HippieLizards, I'm pretty sure that you're not the first human slave to be used as a "sexual surrogate" by a horny beardie, and you probably won't be the last. :lol: Happy Spring...

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Betty53218":2omkmetf said:

-HippieLizards.(quote)

Oh my, this is so me! My beardie always comes up in conversations I have with people....and the checkout people always have to know that all these greens are not for me, but for my dragon!! ? Some people take an interest, while others look at you like you’re crazy. ?
LOL. You just read my mind. :lol: :lol: :lol: My best friends think I'm insane. :roll:

and Yes, I know. My friend who has a beardie was talking to me when his beardie bit his jacket on the floor and tried mating with it. He was terrified about his dragon attacking his jacket. I Was laughing my head off. :lol:

-HippieLizards.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:lol: Yep. Most of us have been there and done that.

BTW, I've learned by experience that if you keep the population density of your crickets down a bit, it can keep them from getting too smelly too fast (as well as help prevent massive die-offs). For example, those "Kricket Keepers" (the plastic containers with the little food dishes and the black tubes) are really handy, but the larger ones are labeled that they can contain up to 150 crickets. Well, yeah, maybe -- if you've got time to clean up after them like twice a day. But if you only put around 30-40 of them in there at a time, with a decent small amount of food and whatever you use for water, they can be ok for up to as much as a week at the outside, or at least for a few days, before they need their container cleaned up and their food and water source replaced.

It should be noted, however, that we have an adult beardie who is supposed to be living on mostly greens at his age. If you have young growing one who is still eating huge quantities of bugs every day, then you're going to need a larger container for a larger batch of crickets. :mrgreen:

jskbest

Lol, these are funny! I am new to the beardie community. However, my dragon, Norbert, has me trained as his servant already and he isn't even mine; he's my daughters...

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Lol, Yup. Welcome to beardie slavery! :blob5:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
bearded dragons are very good at conscripting any available human slave willing to do their bidding, even one that does not legally belong to them. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom