You know you're a beardie owner when...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
When you're checking out at Whole Foods and the cashier asks if you found everything ok.
And your response is: "My dragon is going to be SO happy when he sees that I got him Mustard greens!"

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
When you are perfectly fine with keeping a couple thousand cockroaches or fly larvae in your bedroom :lol: :lol:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: These are great! and yes I also have two roach colony's in my room. :lol:
Sometimes I wish there were like buttons for posts.

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
...You're married to a guy who doesn't mind sharing the dinner table with crickets, cockroaches, and worms.

...and you're always shopping for more energy efficient appliances, even though you know they'll never save enough electricity to make up for the heat lamps. :mrgreen:

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
...When you can't wear any of your shirts out because they all have holes and scratches in them. Thanks to my beardies. :roll:

-HippieLizards.

RockysMom

Hatchling Member
SHBailey":1bx6f4ks said:
...You're married to a guy who doesn't mind sharing the dinner table with crickets, cockroaches, and worms.

...and you're always shopping for more energy efficient appliances, even though you know they'll never save enough electricity to make up for the heat lamps. :mrgreen:

Speaking of saving electricity...
When I got my new beardie's tank set up, the first thing I thought was, "I hope we can make up for the increased electricity with our Solar panels." :)

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
RockysMom":3herbts7 said:
When you're checking out at Whole Foods and the cashier asks if you found everything ok.
And your response is: "My dragon is going to be SO happy when he sees that I got him Mustard greens!"
I live in the country and traveled 1 hr. away to get mustard, turnip, dandelion, endive and prickly pear just to have my dragon decide to go into brumation! Gotta love these guys!

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
Oh well. All those greens make good salad for humans, too.

In a few months we will have a yard full of free dandelions for our beardie, but it's still covered with snow for now.

My husband wants to put solar panels on the roof, but I'm not sure if we'd ever recover the startup cost within our lifetime... :?

Betty53218

Hatchling Member
Yes, we did start to eat them! We also tried to save on our electric bill by installing all l.e.d. bulbs, but those two halogen bulbs above Smaug’s tank running 14 hrs. a day probably aren’t helping the situation too much! Oh well, he’s worth it! :lol:

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
LEDs are great for light, but not so much for heat. You still need electric hogs for your reptiles... :roll:
But yeah, they're worth it. :)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
...When February and spring time means Beardie breeding season, and Breeding season means your beardie starts chasing after your friends tortoise and trying to mate with it. :roll:

...When No one wants to come over any more because of the Three Bearded dragons, Crested gecko, and the Couple hundred different feeder insects.

-HippieLizards

SHBailey

Gray-bearded Member
:shock: I've heard of lovesick beardies trying to mate with inappropriate objects, but trying to do it with a real live reptile of a different species could be downright dangerous. How does the tortoise react?

The one about having a houseful of lizards and bugs ( :lol: ) reminded me of what I used to say when our little snake was still alive: "You know your really into reptiles when your ice cube trays are in the cupboard and the compartment in the freezer where they belong is full of frozen mice instead of ice cubes."

Nowadays it's Repashy Grub Pie in the freezer and collard greens in the fridge, and still no ice cubes. There's really not much use for ice in Alaska in the wintertime anyway. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCRay_AAAa
Top Bottom