Yellow Fungus?!? Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Thanks so much, Sue <3

Ok so I called the other vet this morning and made an appointment for Thursday at 3pm. I would have liked it to be sooner but she's only in office from Wednesday to Sunday and Wednesday is the 4th of July. Their prices seemed more fair:

Blood work: $51-132 depending on what kind
Fecal exam: $26-54 depending
X-rays: $125 for the first one and 70 for each additional x-ray
Skin culture: she didn't really give me a price for but she said it could vary a lot depending on if there do it around there or they might have to send to California
$74 to see her

She told me she's been seeing bearded dragons for ten years and is specially trained in reptile medicine so let's hope this works out!
Also applied for Care credit, I still have to call their number and give them my reference number
Ahhhh

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'm doing Yoshi's things now and he's not looking too good. He's gotten so thin within the last day or two. I feed him every day, how could he be losing weight?!? I can see his spine, ribs, hip bones, tail bones. Head fat pads are sunken in, eyes seem to be sunken also. He doesn't seem to want to move at all anymore. Just lays with his eyes closed. So scared he's not going to make it until Thursday. Isn't critical/carnivore care supposed to make him gain weight?? How is he losing weight instead?? I'm so scared and upset right now.

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
I'm so sorry Joanne... I'm not sure how it is that he's losing weight. Can you call the vet & tell them it's an emergency so they can call the doctor and see if maybe he/she would be willing to see Yoshi sooner? Ask if there's an emergency fee you can pay & just let me know how much the upcharge is if that's an option.

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Wow, I just re-read what I wrote and I'm sorry for freaking out.. that was pretty childish of me :( I fed him 7.5 mL of food and bathed him and he's looking better; right now, he's basking with his head up. He always perks up when I take him out and feed/bathe him but after he's been in the tank for a few hours, he'll just go back to laying down with his eyes closed. That makes me think something in the tank isn't right if he feels better when he's out.. The hottest spot is 104, coolest is 82 and I'm pretty sure the UVB is 6 inches away but I'm going to double check on that. Hmm.. I know I changed his basking bulb a week or so ago to a 60 watt soft white house bulb because the other one was too hot.. I though house bulbs were allowed as long as they're not colored..
Ok, I just did search for soft white bulbs on this site and basically everyone said to avoid soft white bulbs... ugh!!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I'm going to look for a different bulb now or go out and get one if I don't have any

Thank you for the link! I'm saving the number just in case

XtinaBeardieMom

Juvie Member
No worries about freaking out, our beardies are our children and we all do it from time to time. I'll be trying to ship you some dubias tomorrow to see if Yoshi might like them. I picked ones a size smaller than what he probably needs so the roaches have a little room to grow in case he eats them slowly (let's just hope he plows through them!) I'm going to pack them in a little makeshift habitat that they can live the duration of their lives in, along with plenty of gutload chow & water crystals. Hopefully they may kick start some interest into Yoshi's appetite. It sounds like you're feeding him plenty of Critical/Carnivore Care though, so I'm not sure why he's having trouble keeping weight on. How much powder are you mixing with how much water? I'm also sending you some more Critical/Carnivore Care that I had bought for Monster before she passed away :( Let me know if Yoshi likes the dubias... I can send you more, no problem! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help as well, or if you have any questions about the dubias.

SpikesAgirl

Juvie Member
Awww, geez, I hope he'll be okay and that you can get an earlier appt. :silent: Don't blame you one bit for freaking out, I would be doing the same! I HAVE done the same! Most of us know the feeling of helplessness you're going through right now Joanne and we are all doing what ever it is we do, hope-wish-pray-cross fingers- to help you and Yoshi get over this hurdle too! So many people are pulling for that little guy... I hope he'll be okay. How about fluids, is he getting some water as well as the critical care? He knows you love him and are caring for him, he brightens up for you so he can show you that you make him feel better! XOXOXO

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just received the donations from Tracie earlier today and I want to thank everyone soooooo much for donating to Yoshi!!!!! He's going to the vet this Thursday and I'm hoping for the best!! Thank you for not giving up on him and for advice/donations/ encouraging words, I appreciate every little thing down to the last <3 or XO!!! I couldn't have gotten this far without the caring, loving, AMAZING members on this site. Thank you again!!! <3

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
Hi Joanne,
(((HUGS))) & (((HUGS))) & (((HUGS))) & (((HUGS))) to you and Yoshi! :love5:
Can't wait for good news for you both.
Amanda

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello Joanne,

Please keep us posted on Yoshi.
How is he doing now, is his tummy any better now?
I hope he is feeling better after drinking the betadine bathwater?
Give Yoshi a hug & kiss for me.

XO,
Tracie

speedyfuzzball

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hi everyone,

Yoshi passed away this morning.. I found him laying down with his head resting on the wall of the tank on the cool side. He never goes to the cool side unless he has to go to the bathroom. I buried him in the backyard between two trees and put a stone on top so I'll always remember where he is. I've been crying on and off the whole day but I've calmed down for now. Think it's worth mentioning that he threw up his meal yesterday. Possibly from me over feeding him (7 mL) or him drinking a bit of diluted betadine when I turned away for a second. I'd hate if this was the cause of death especially since it could have been prevented. Anyway, I'm sorry I let everyone down. I know some people have high hopes for his recovery and I feel like I've let them down. I'm sorry to Yoshi that I my best wasn't good enough for him. I hope he's resting peacefully now, I know he isn't hurting anymore. I'm so proud of him for making it this far. I'm also SO thankful for everyone on here who helped in any way, he wouldn't have made it this far without everyone on this site. I've sent the donations back to Tracie and I'm hoping it'll save another dragon in need. Again, thank you so much to everyone who donated and I'm sorry I couldn't use it..

RIP Yoshi <3 I love and miss you so much

Esther19

BD.org Addict
Dear Joanne,

I am so sad to hear of Yoshi's passing. He is free of the pain his body gave him, and is happy romping across the Rainbow Bridge. You didn't do anything wrong or leave anything out. His poor little body was just so sick and worn out. I am sure he would have given up long ago, but he held on because he loved you. Nobody could have cared for him better than you did. You didn't let anyone down. You did exactly what we told you to do to help Yoshi, better than anyone I've ever seen on this forum. I,for one, did not expect him to last anywhere near this long, but kept hope on your behalf. You surpassed any expectation anyone could have had for you and your care of Yoshi. He was very fortunate to have had you as his dragon mama. Please give yourself bigs hugs from me and from all of us. It was our honor and pleasure to have accompanied you and Yoshi on this journey.
I'm sending prayers and healing thoughts your way. Esther XOX

dragonlover3

Sub-Adult Member
I can only imagine how devastated you are feeling!
I don't have words to express how sorry I am! Yoshi
will always be a special dragon and you will always
be his special keeper!
We all loved you Yoshi, RIP
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Any thoughts an knowledge will be helpful. Thank u
Im needing some questions answered about my female beardeddragon, I honestly have no idea on age , she was a recuse, as ive had a couple in my life an have experience. So 9 weeks in , she earing well pooping well getting comfortable, then approx 3-4 days ago the digging started. So I got a dig box set up in her 75 g tank. Well within 2 hours she dropped an egg. Now only one egg an its been 10 hours.shouldiBworried
В санатории "Сукно" вас ждет полное погружение в мир здоровья и релакса. Эксперты санатория разработают индивидуальную программу оздоровления, которая поможет вам чувствовать себя лучше. Для получения дополнительной информации посетите наш сайт putevka.com/krasnodar/sukko
I just set Swordtail's timer for his bath and paused it so I could actually fill his soaking bowl up and he crawled over my phone and canceled the timer 🤣
Mirage came out of brumation on April 26. He was doing great. On May 2 he started acting funny. We just redid his tank, and he keeps going into one of his hides. He just lays there. He shows no intrest in food. HELP!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
My name is Faith
Top Bottom